Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb ports wont work

Options
  • 29-07-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I am having trouble with my usb ports. they worked perfectly. then I borrowed the wired mouse for my laptop and now nothing works. keyboard, mouse etc. when I startup in "setup" f12 the keyboard work but when I escape it switches off. running on windows 7. when I start it says "installing drives" or something like that down on bottom right corner. then it says unable to install. I was thinking if I could start on safe mode I could restore it. but cant remember how to start on safe mode.
    Can anyone advise please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

gubby wrote: »
    cant remember how to start on safe mode.
    Can anyone advise please

Tap F8 just as it's booting up and it should give you the Safe Mode option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

thanks for that. yes I got safe mode but then the click sound and usb went again. so no keyboard or mouse. message came on "generic usb hub. device drives successfully installed" but as I still had no keyboard or mouse. I am baffled.
    what can I do now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

any ideas? anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I have the same issue as you op, camera wont recognise in computer, dongle for mobile internet wont work. I downloaded more drivers and other solutions from the internet and still got no where. I recognise your frustration.

Advertisement