Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday pay and overtime

Options
  • 03-04-2014 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

I was on holidays last week but called in for a 12 hour shift due to circumstances beyond everyones control.

I got paid 40 hours holiday pay and normal basic pay for the extra 12hrs.

Should I have been paid time and a half for the 12 hours or are they right with the basic pay.

The fact that it's holiday pay is confusing me.

I'd ask them myself but they are penny pinching etc at the moment so I just want to see what's said before I say it to them.

My normal pay is 39hrs and Time and a half after the 39

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

You should have agreed this beforehand, all depends on what the company has agreed on overtime....like maybe this...1st 8 hrs at 1.5 the rate, next 4 at twice the rate.

You have been paid for 40hrs (holiday pay) so I would think anything outside that is overtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Take a day off in lieu instead of payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

It should be at the overtime rate as you have already been paid for that period.

Advertisement