Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to a Grand Prix this year?

Options

Comments

Sorry for a slightly off-topic post but does anyone know what the story is with access to camping in Le Mans during the week? Practice is on Wednesday evening and qualifying on Thursday evening but travel timing means I pretty much have to arrive in the evening time on whatever day I arrive and I'd prefer to not have to wait til the Friday to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'm pretty sure when I went we arrived on Tuesday. You can probably camp from even earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Sorry for a slightly off-topic post but does anyone know what the story is with access to camping in Le Mans during the week? Practice is on Wednesday evening and qualifying on Thursday evening but travel timing means I pretty much have to arrive in the evening time on whatever day I arrive and I'd prefer to not have to wait til the Friday to get there.

Campsites are open from the Monday.
    Will be arriving over on the Monday ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

allybhoy wrote: »
    Just found out ill be in Singapore from the 11th -20th of September.... GP Is on the 21st :(

Wont make the qualifying but i think ill go to the Friday free practice session, a single day walkabout ticket is $68, be a shame to miss it.

Has anyone been to the Singapore GP before?

I was there in 2011. Found it really good, humidity was a killer, but it was great to be in the city for the race as everything was really accessable.There is a good buzz a few days before it starts and they have autograph sessions in various places on the Wednesday/Thursday(can't remember which day).

Quite a lot of people go on the singapore flyer during the practice as you get to see a lot more of the track (I think the walkabout ticket gets you one trip on it for free, but I'm not sure if it has to be the full weekend ticket or not). We had seats in the marina bay grandstand and went there the first night, but ended up going and standing trackside for Quali and the race.

Few pics of it:

https://plus.google.com/photos/114550319405652108532/albums/5657334229886563009?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/114550319405652108532/albums/5657334229886563009?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1

There was a 25% off offer on prebooked tickets, but I think it finished earlier this week.

The only downside I found when compared to a european GP was that there was less happening in terms of what the teams bring with them. It was pretty much merchandising tents rather than the full blown dummy cars and road cars you would see in Europe. The noise track side (might not be the case this year:pac:) was amazing, spine tingling and shaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

allybhoy wrote: »
    Just found out ill be in Singapore from the 11th -20th of September.... GP Is on the 21st :(

Wont make the qualifying but i think ill go to the Friday free practice session, a single day walkabout ticket is $68, be a shame to miss it.

Has anyone been to the Singapore GP before?

It's a savage weekend, went two years ago and it was probably the best experience of F1 I've had. The track is quite good but the added element of it being at night makes it really cool. The humidity is bad (and September will be in the rainy season so at 2pm it will lash rain!) but once the sun goes down it's ok. The biggest issue I had was going from the train station to the paddock, it was only about a 15 minute walk but you'd be sweating buckets in that time and each day I needed to make sure that I had a change of clothes with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Is there camping at Monza? Any info or links on it? I didn't even know they did camping until I saw it here. I've a hotel booked near the track for 4 nights but the camping sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

Anyone heading to Barcelona? I'm there as press for the weekend, and am going completely alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hi all,
    Going to my 1st F1 race this weekend in BCN, a friend of mine got some tickets ... I'm not that into the sport but am looking forward to go for the photography.

People tell me to bring earplugs cos it will be LOUD, I should yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone heading to Barcelona? I'm there as press for the weekend, and am going completely alone!

Yep, im heading out wednesday evening. My first one. You staying in Barca?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

the_monkey wrote: »
    People tell me to bring earplugs cos it will be LOUD, I should yeah ?

Have a read back through the general discussion thread to find out more about the noise! Short answer is no, you won't need ear plugs this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yep, flying out Wednesday morning! 6:40.flight from Dublin :-/ Be there until Monday! Weather is meant to be decent for the few days. 18 - 21 degrees. Possible chance of a light shower on the Saturday or Sunday.

I'd still bring earplugs just in case for some of the races.

Sure maybe a boardsie meet up could happen? I am flying out Thursday and leaving Sunday evening after the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Sure maybe a boardsie meet up could happen? I am flying out Thursday and leaving Sunday evening after the race!

I'm camping at the circuit. What time do you arrive Thursday?

Up in 5 hours. Should really try get some sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Have a good one, post pictures!

I'm camping at the circuit. What time do you arrive Thursday?

Arriving in Barcelona Thursday night, won't be at the circuit til Friday morning!

Flew in today , here til Monday. Definitely should try and organise a meetup

I'm down working as well this weekend. PM me if you want any info if it's your first race as media

Any of ye going to the pitwalk tomorrow? Depending on what time I wake up, it'll either be the 10am or 4pm one!

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Any of ye going to the pitwalk tomorrow? Depending on what time I wake up, it'll either be the 10am or 4pm one!

Don't think I'm heading up to the track today, just chillin today before the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'm going to the Monaco GP at the end of the month, it will be my first race and I'm really looking forward to it. Not sure where I'll be viewing it from yet, a friend says he may be able to hook us up with a spot around the Hairpin which would class.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I'm going to the Monaco GP at the end of the month, it will be my first race and I'm really looking forward to it. Not sure where I'll be viewing it from yet, a friend says he may be able to hook us up with a spot around the Hairpin which would class.

I'll be there as well, it's always a great race butvsets the bar pretty high for any other races you go to!

Just back from the pitwalk. Sweet Jesus the walk from the station is far! Stupidly hot today aswell! They're giving sway paddock club tickets to the fastest drivers in the simulators!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Can anyone recommend a hotel near Hockenheim? I'm thinking of going over for the DTM season finale.

Flights and weekend tickets opposite pitlane for around 130EUR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

We stayed in one in Heidelburg in 2008. It was opposite a bar called Savanah I think. Just cant remember the name of the hotel but it was a lovely spot.:) Thought it was for f1. You should be able to get a hotel a lot closer for the DTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

Sitting in the airport in Dublin getting set to head to Monaco. Got VIP tickets For thursday practice shangri'la apartment and for the race on sunday. My bank balance is fuked but its a once lifetime trip. Will post pictures over the weekend.

Well lads just sittin at la rascasse havin a pint. This place is special. Yesterdays practice was good although it pissed rain. The noise of this years cars is very diffrwnt but still good. GP2 was very impressive. Not allowed post pictures cos.i dont have enough post but will try get some to you somehow ocer the weekend.

Well lads just sittin at la rascasse havin a pint. This place is special. Yesterdays practice was good although it pissed rain. The noise of this years cars is very diffrwnt but still good. GP2 was very impressive. Not allowed post pictures cos.i dont have enough post but will try get some to you somehow ocer the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

jamok wrote: »

Nice!

Advertisement