Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryobi Drilling Machine

• 24-04-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Buy with caution. Bought a 24 volt cordless hammer action sds machine, Very expensive and very good machine - however four years after purchase charger went faulty and cannot be replaced. Manufacturers say obsolete, so good machine becomes useless machine.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

pistolero wrote: »
    Buy with caution. Bought a 24 volt cordless hammer action sds machine, Very expensive and very good machine - however four years after purchase charger went faulty and cannot be replaced. Manufacturers say obsolete, so good machine becomes useless machine.:mad:

Thats like saying I bought Windows Vista and Microsoft dont support it any more.

I bought a Ryobi 24v recently in woodies for €40..great drill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

There are always used chargers up for sale on Adverts so you could be lucky. I've had a DeWalt charger die on me but was lucky to pick up a replacement for free at the recycling centre. Don't write off the drill just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Get the model number of the charger, out it into Ebay, or google search

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pistolero

Hi, thanks for the advise and possibly offers of a replacement (Jarry), got sorted with a second hand unit that hopefully will last, as for the IT expert- Tatranska- I wish her luck with her €40 machine, hopefully she wont have to drill any holes with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

pistolero wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the advise and possibly offers of a replacement (Jarry), got sorted with a second hand unit that hopefully will last, as for the IT expert- Tatranska- I wish her luck with her €40 machine, hopefully she wont have to drill any holes with it!

Are you always so sarcastic?

If you post you about me you really need to get your facts right.

The drill was on special and it drills holes fine.
    And who said i was female ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pistolero

Are you always so sarcastic?

If you post you about me you really need to get your facts right.

The drill was on special and it drills holes fine.
    And who said i was female ?

Hi sorry if you were offended. Comment was not about you personally-it was about your useless contribution, and that is a fact - useless. Anyway best of luck with your drilling, wear goggles - less likely to get hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Bought a ryobi twin pack...18v drill and circular saw three years ago...batteries lasted less than two years....piece of crap.....Bought a Makita 24v drill 16 months ago...now the batteries are dying too....modern tools are shyte ...the Makita wasnt cheap either....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Bought a ryobi twin pack...18v drill and circular saw three years ago...batteries lasted less than two years....piece of crap.....Bought a Makita 24v drill 16 months ago...now the batteries are dying too....modern tools are shyte ...the Makita wasnt cheap either....:mad:

My 18v cordless makita drill clutch is faulty and 1 of the batteries is dead after only 1 year :eek::eek:. I bought it because the batteries on my Ryobi died after a year aswell. I leave them in the van so maybe frost is killing them, but it never did with older drills.Should have went for the Hitachi or dewalt.

Advertisement