Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast issue

Options
  • 24-07-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Got a chromecast recently and it is fine when i cast youtube videos etc.

However, when i try to play a local file, like a film, drag it into my chrome browser, the quality that it casts at is not brilliant, its seems to be slightly slowed down or something, very noticable in action scenes, this is at every quality from 480 to 720 hq.

Any ideas? is there a media player that you can cast from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Videostream is very handy for just streaming from your browser as I had the same issues as you

Plex is more like a media player but I have had more problems with it but people on here swear by it

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

videostream working perfectly buddy thanks

Just have 1 issue, i have to turn my firewall off to watch

dont see videostream as an option in my firewall settings to allow it. any ideas??

I use panda security as my AV software

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

You might need to allow it through your antivirus so this link might help with that:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/downloads/docs/product/help/gp/2014/en/35.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

yeah the problem was that i didnt know which programme to change the permissions for but after a bit of reserach it was down as "bonjour" something so i allowed that one and now its fixed!!!!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

yeah the problem was that i didnt know which programme to change the permissions for but after a bit of reserach it was down as "bonjour" something so i allowed that one and now its fixed!!!!:):):)

Ah crap, so my unedited post would have actually helped.......the link had the person allow bonjour in McAfee. I thought it was just McAfee specific. Glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement