Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wages not fair

Options
  • 05-04-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hi there . ive been working in a small restaurant for nearly two years now as prep chef/wash up/slave but more recently doing the same work as the chefs and working chefs hours giving their responsibilities and everything .the problemis that im getting paid 7 euro an hour which hasn't ever bothered me until now although my coworkers say its not fair because i do so much work for the boos and do unpaid overtime almost everyday ...the problem is a new guy has started on wash up and he is getting paid minimum wage and its his first job and hes my age because i went to school with him and his sister works there to and she told me that their getting paid the same (minimum wage) and that i should ask her . but my boss is a bipolar freak who has never actually fired anyone but makes staff so miserable they leave themselves in my time 8 have left and in the last year her shop has gone through 20 workers on the deli alone so im afraid to ask what should i do ? thanks and is it legal for all the staff to do have an hour extra every evening unpaid because its impossible for the work to get done within the rostered time .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭olliesgirl55

Sorry to hear about your situation. Judging by your post you seem like a very hard worker and another restaurant would probably love to have you. Take your experience and go elsewhere. You will probably happier in the end and can at least command min wage if not more and end up with a brighter future.
    Your present situation seems to me like a dead end job (especially if the boss is a difficult personality)
    Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conors10262

Thanks I'm gonna ask this week and if not I'll be telling her where to go there's been days where I've gone home crying and I've had enough just needed the job on my gap year

Advertisement