Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting time for carer's allowance

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Linda dub

Thats a disgrace skate n i can understand how u feel. My husband was self employed for ten years n we remortgaged four months later he had to sign on ... As u well know we had go tru hell n highwater and they awarded us 27 euro a week for family of five based on his earnings previous year... They actually think we still had money a year later... Anyhow we appealed and a year later won ..... I cannit understand how they can refuse you on one thing and then when you appeal They hit you with that about self employmnt ... No wonder you going down this road i would do exactly same n would not rest till got an apology as well as what you are owed ..... I would contact local newspapers radio etc if they dont get satisfaction. Its about time the public knew how bad this system has become .....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

Skate,would I be right in saying that this person you were caring for is deceased and if so who the f.ck do the department think was caring for what was a serious sick person.This is the question I would be asking the department.It turns my stomach the way people on this forum are been treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I just can't believe that so many people are rejected! I think they are all so incompetent in the social welfare departments. My partner rang the inspector who came to visit us two months ago, he then realised that he hadn't sent the report back to CA so that they could make a final decision. So he thought it had been sent but it hadn't! Then he rang back to find out how much is in my bank account and we told him that we submitted all of that in August, he wanted to know why it was so long ago and my partner told him that was when we applied!! So he realised that I have very little in my account now and he didn't ask for a statement because he should have sent off his report two months ago. If my partner hadn't rung CA last week we never would have found out that the inspector never sent the report back and if we hadn't rung him then nothing would have happened! It is just so ridiculous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If I may point out that this thread is for waiting times for carers allowance and not for discussing the dept abilities ect.
    please note http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055070569

Thank you
    mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭skate22

Jasssss wrote: »
    Skate,would I be right in saying that this person you were caring for is deceased and if so who the f.ck do the department think was caring for what was a serious sick person.This is the question I would be asking the department.It turns my stomach the way people on this forum are been treated.

Hi Jassss thats right the person I was caring for sadly passed away just a few weeks after they disallowed my appeal. She just gave up in the end. She also got very worried that she would have to go into a home because I was turned down. That she needed a carer was never in doubt. They just seemed to think that I had undisclosed income. My credit card was maxed out and my account was 1,800 in overdraft and my mortgage was in arrears. Don't know what they thought I was spending my millions on or where I was hiding it.
    Oh and I asked them as well who did they think was caring for her because she didn't suddenly get better so that I could go and WORK and also she had another carer for a few years before I took over.

Am still wondering if I can sue Social Welfare for all this stress and worry they have caused me by calling me a liar because thats what I feel they have called me. Am so pissed off at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭skate22

mp22 wrote: »
    If I may point out that this thread is for waiting times for carers allowance and not for discussing the dept abilities ect.
    please note http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055070569

Thank you
    mp22

Well it seems to me that people's patience are wearing very thin at this stage and we all have every right to be annoyed. Obviously, the depts abilities to handle and process applications without losing forms etc and returning reports are going to come into question because this is adding to the VERY VERY LONG waiting times. We all understand that the dept is extremely busy but people here are only telling it how it is and what they have come across in dealing with any of these depts.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Linda dub

I couldnt agree more and if we all were not been made wait months and forms and medicals wernt missing meaning we have to resubmit them then we wouldnt be writing these things .... Its the truth and if we cant speak our minds about the way most of us are being treated well whats point in having the boards ? It seems to me its same old story wth the irish .... We have to either put up or shut up.... Once again wouldnt see it happen in another country 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This thread is about as far away from waiting times as it is possible to get. Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement