Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1974 Man Alive - Irelands first Magazine for Men

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bought the first copy of Irelands second attempt at an "adult" magazine, sadly it got thrown many many years ago. It was published around 1981/82 does anyone remember its name?

Nice site btw, good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cabra voltaire

Hi Mike65, Don't know what the second attempt mag was. But now that you say it, I think there was another allright. thanks for kind words..

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

mike65 wrote: »
    I bought the first copy of Irelands second attempt at an "adult" magazine, sadly it got thrown many many years ago. It was published around 1981/82 does anyone remember its name?

Nice site btw, good luck with it.

Executive, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Thanks Cabra Voltaire. Fascinating stuff. It's amazing to see how much men's mags have changed.

You would never see a model described as a "nice girl" or one girl's enjoyment of milking cows as an attribute these days. Funny stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bearhunter wrote: »
    Executive, by any chance?

I think that's the one.

executive_1982may_1_110.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I got to search ebay for a copy of man alive just to have
    for novelty value alone. :D

~B
    Father Ted - Doesn't Mary Have a Lovely Bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kevin_McGee

That's terrific. I like the advice to avoid Captain America's at the weekend, when it is "full of greasy-eyed hippies sipping milkshakes."

Advertisement