Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky box unpairing from box

Options
  • 30-03-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

hi, ive a sky+hd box for watching setanta sports and every few months it unpairs from the card then i have to ring setanta and get them repaired so sometimes i miss something i want to watch.

Is it a problem with the box do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Shouldnt be happening....are you removing the card for any reason ?? or do you shut the box off power wise at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

steveon wrote: »
    Shouldnt be happening....are you removing the card for any reason ?? or do you shut the box off power wise at night?

ya switch it off at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

marco2068 wrote: »
    ya switch it off at night.

Many updates to the sky software running on the box is done during the night, mostly as most people are asleep.

It is possible there are securing card pairing also going on at night and as you state you are turning it off its possible your missing some of these as a result...personally I wouldnt be turning off my box...unless

there is thunder or bad weather out there...

bit of a silly way of doing things. seems i mightn't use it for a few days. that is probably the problem, thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

marco2068 wrote: »
    bit of a silly way of doing things. seems i mightn't use it for a few days. that is probably the problem, thanks for your help

Not having the box plugged in for a few days at a time can cause issues. I'm not sure when you have unsubscribed to sky, but there is a link (Google it) called activate my viewing card. It allows you to log in and enter in the details for your box and card and will pair them up.

• Advertisement

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Not having the box plugged in for a few days at a time can cause issues. I'm not sure when you have unsubscribed to sky, but there is a link (Google it) called activate my viewing card. It allows you to log in and enter in the details for your box and card and will pair them up.

i have to go trough setanta judging by the sky website. thanks for your help

Advertisement