Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once off payment for All Sky Channels....Advice needed....

Options
  • 28-03-2015 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. I have been offered a package from a local installer to put in a box that connects to my internet and he says I can get all the sport movie and kids channels for 1 year for €160. At the end of the 12month period he said it cost €50 to receive the codes for the following 12 months. Has anyone any experience with such a package and can you advise me of the pitfalls if any to such an offer. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Discussion of piracy or card sharing is against the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Hi all. I have been offered a package from a local installer to put in a box that connects to my internet and he says I can get all the sport movie and kids channels for 1 year for €160. At the end of the 12month period he said it cost €50 to receive the codes for the following 12 months. Has anyone any experience with such a package and can you advise me of the pitfalls if any to such an offer. Thanks in advance.

As already stated it's piracy. If you live in an area with poor broadband speeds i.e. less than 1mb upload, then your internet basically won't work when the box is on, as a neighbor of mine found out. The box needs to constantly request and download decryption keys from a central server which uses up precious bandwidth. Also if that server ever goes offline, the tv basically won't work.

I much prefer using a freesat/saorview combo, supplemented with netflix to make up for the shortfall in content. If you want sport channels then I can see how what you were offered might be tempting. Just be aware of the downsides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blaadeeblaa

Thanks for the help. I was unaware it was piracy. This guy is advertising on facebook and on done deal so I did not associate it with being illegal. Simi thanks for your helpful advice on top of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,135 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its illegal but there are loads of adverts for these card-sharing deals out there.

Is €160 just for the codes for one year or for the equipment to receive it too? If only for the codes its very expensive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There is no discussion of this here

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement