Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AUX not being recognised in car radio

• 04-08-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, recently bought myself a 2005 Mini One (First car!) with a Sony Xplode head unit (CTX-GT111). The AUX input doesn't seem to be working. After reading up on the manual I thought maybe the AUX input was turned off in the radio settings but that's not the case - AUX doesn't even exist in the settings!

This got me thinking that maybe the wiring wasn't done properly and perhaps something wasn't connected? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Most Sonys will have a setting for Aux volume somewhere in the settings (usually in the sound settings when you short press the volume button). Make sure that its not turned to 0.

Other than that it sounds like the radio might be broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

djimi wrote: »
    Most Sonys will have a setting for Aux volume somewhere in the settings (usually in the sound settings when you short press the volume button). Make sure that its not turned to 0.

Other than that it sounds like the radio might be broken.

I've gone through the settings referring the manual to confirm what each listing means. It literally skips the AUX setting in the menu. As in it goes 1,2,3,5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

colm_mcm wrote: »

Spotted that in the manual alright, and pressed source a few times to no avail.. by repeatedly do they mean just keep pressing until something happens? Because nothing seems to happen..

Have you reset the headunit?

• Advertisement

Have you reset the headunit?

Probably not as I don't know what that means :o

If you take the face off the radio there should be a little reset button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

What are you plugging into the AUX

old_aussie wrote: »
    What are you plugging into the AUX

My phone, but I assume it doesn't matter what I plug in, or if I have anything plugged in at all. Surely the option should still be visible in the options menu.

Option should be there either way AFAIK, I had a similar one years ago.

• Advertisement

Option should be there either way AFAIK, I had a similar one years ago.

That's what I thought. I'll try that volume adjustment in a while, then look for the reset button. Do I need to actually remove the face? Because when I pop it out using the button, there doesn't seem to be any give in it. Don't want to try and force it out!

Keep the release button pressed when you're pulling the cover off.

(Keep in mind it may have a broken front plate and may be stuck in place or something.)

Got it sorted!

For some reason the AUX option is only visible in settings while the unit is turned off.. Strange one! If the radio is currently on I can't see the option. Whoever owned the car before me obviously turned it off for whatever reason.

Mad. Glad you're sorted either way.

Advertisement