Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3+1on Sky

Options
  • 30-03-2015 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

Looks like TV3+1 IS GOING TO LAUNCH ON SKY. I came across a laberl today while doing a scan. The label is 9604 and the frequency is 12.304 H Symbol Rate 27.5 FEC 2/3 DVBS QPSK. It is currently showing a Sky Caption but the epg info shows what looks like judge judy an hour later after been shown on TV3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are you sure you've got the transponder no. correct? I thought Sky's transponders had 5 digits before the decimal point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Now/next says TV3 News at 5:30 starting at 18:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sky.... Believe in better..... LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Are you sure you've got the transponder no. correct? I thought Sky's transponders had 5 digits before the decimal point.
    The frequency is correct I doubled checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

natashaob6 wrote: »
    Looks like TV3+1 IS GOING TO LAUNCH ON SKY. I came across a laberl today while doing a scan. The label is 9604 and the frequency is 12.304 H Symbol Rate 27.5 FEC 2/3 DVBS QPSK. It is currently showing a Sky Caption but the epg info shows what looks like judge judy an hour later after been shown on TV3.

I Wonder where it will end up on the epg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

It can be in either GHz or MHz, surely you know this!

12.304 GHz = 12304 MHz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

TV3+1?
    Begs the question are TV3 paying for its inclusion or are Sky carrying it free?

Which begs follow on question - if Sky are carrying it for free, who isn't budging on the inclusion of RTÉ ONE HD, RTÉ ONE +1 and RTE NEWS NOW, not to mention the various RTÉ Digital radio stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Kensington wrote: »
    TV3+1?
    Begs the question are TV3 paying for its inclusion or are Sky carrying it free?

Which begs follow on question - if Sky are carrying it for free, who isn't budging on the inclusion of RTÉ ONE HD, RTÉ ONE +1 and RTE NEWS NOW, not to mention the various RTÉ Digital radio stations?

My sentiments exactly, TV3+1 and TV3 HD both on Sky in the next few months ? If Sky are giving TV3 a free ride on these channels ( and fair play to TV3 if they are ), then why the hell aren't RTE at least getting its flagship channel RTE1 in HD on Sky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Maybe the tv3+1 will be holder for a number on the epg yet to be decided....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

tv3+1 is a waste of time as there is nothing of value to watch on tv3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,382 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i cant wait for tv3 +24

You would think they would attend to other things such as the crappy picture and erratic subtitles,first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

ftakeith wrote: »
    tv3+1 is a waste of time as there is nothing of value to watch on tv3

They love showing repeats and advertise them as if they are new e.g. Saturday Night Takeaway, Cant pay we take it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A channel full of repeats of repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Supposedly this is launching today on Sky... anyone know the EPG number?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Oh no please....TV3 is bad enough the first time round.

RTE1 HD should be the priority,

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Paddy C wrote: »
    Supposedly this is launching today on Sky... anyone know the EPG number?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

murpho999 wrote: »
    Oh no please....TV3 is bad enough the first time round.

RTE1 HD should be the priority,

I'd guess rte don't or won't want to pay the transmission fees for this at the moment

zefer wrote: »
    I'd guess rte don't or won't want to pay the transmission fees for this at the moment

If Sky want it badly enough for their customers (they don't care about their Irish customers) they will pay for it like they do the other RTE channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Another mess-up :

It's stuck in 4:3 mode -- the widescreen picture is squashed into the 4:3 frame . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

lertsnim wrote: »
    If Sky want it badly enough for their customers (they don't care about their Irish customers) they will pay for it like they do the other RTE channels.

The benefits of +1 channels to viewers is debatable - there doesn't seem to be much demand from Sky Customers (and the same can be said for UPC and there lack of +1 channels) for +1 especially in these days of pvrs.

Why the RTE+1 channel does not have carriage on Sky is unknown - it has very limited transmission hours but shares transmission capacity with RTE Jr.

TV3+1 on Sky is an attempt by TV3 to take viewers from UTVI and reduce the damage to their viewership figures - though the pq is appalling which may put off viewers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Infoanon wrote: »
    TV3+1 on Sky is an attempt by TV3 to take viewers from UTVI and reduce the damage to their viewership figures - though the pq is appalling which may put off viewers.

I would have thought their appalling programme quality would put off viewers more than just picture quality.

Infoanon wrote: »

TV3 try that by putting New in front of tv shows on the EPG that are years old in the hope that people watch the older show instead of the newer episodes on UTV Ireland. This never appeared on the EPG until recently.

Of course they also aired old episodes of Ant and Dec at the exact same time as the live episodes were going out on UTV Ireland. It's quite pathetic really

So we are getting TV3+1 and not getting Spike TV,brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

zorro2566 wrote:
    So we are getting TV3+1 and not getting Spike TV,brilliant!

Get a Freesat box and you can have spike TV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

brick man wrote: »
    Get a Freesat box and you can have spike TV

Is Spike FTA? Coming up with a $ on my FTA box.

It's currently testing but will be on Freesat at launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

zefer wrote: »

Given TV3's financial situation and unwillingness to pay SaorView carriage fees I can't imagine they're stumping up for carriage on Sky either...

Advertisement