Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New milestone in father's rights:

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭LostPassword

py2006 wrote: »
    Wow.

As men we have to hear and listen to a lot of 'crap' from so called feminists. Thankfully they don't represent the through meaning of the movement. Some fathers have been treated extremely unfairly by our legal system and for that reason the fathers right movement is a necessity.
    Where do you hear all these feminists? they must avoid me because in my world they are as rare as hen's teeth!

But seriously, I'm not saying, at all at all, that there are no just causes for the fathers' rights movement, just saying that the way out there over the top stuff seems to permeate such discussions and means that any of the righteous stuff is easy to dismiss. It's almost like a mirror image of the worst excesses of the rad-feminists, where everything is viewed through the prism of gender-bias.

But, back on topic, it is difficult to see such legalistic changes as having a profound impact on fathers' relationships with their kids - if you have to drag the mother through the courts to get your name on a birth cert, it's really hard to see how you're going to have much of a positive relationship with your kids, when they are mostly in the custody of your ex-wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Maguined wrote: »
    Impossible to enforce if a woman really doesn't want the fathers name on the birth cert she can just say it was some nameless guy from Coppers.

You simply cannot force this issue, its too impractical.

you can request a dna test and if the child is indeed yours then the mother cannot refuse your name on the child's birth cert

Advertisement