Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural gas

Options
  • 13-06-2006 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

i'm still looking at buying a new guitar to compliment my peavey classic and want to go the fender route.

my main target was one of these, st62-70tx in lake placid blue from my old friends in the land of the rising sun

or lately i've been GASing over one of these in natural colour. i played one of these a while back and loved the shape and feel of the neck and know it would be a perfect addition to my collection, but the only thing is i'd prefer to go for an american or japanese model if possible.

is there even american or japanese models made for the '69 thinline or is it only the mexicans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Saw these two on the fender japan site, not quite the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

ah yeah the oul thin ilnes are savage i'd feckin love one...i don't like the aged look on strats but that does work well with the pickguard and pup covers...

are the 69 thinlines not american no??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well i was looking here and at the serial number

http://www.themusiczoo.com/FenderClassic'69ThinlineTelecasterNaturalMZ4188668.html

doesn't the MZ mean made in mexico?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

sorry yeah your right the 69 thinlines are mex...the 90s ones are american thats what i was thinkin of sorry

can anyone fill me in whether or not there are american versions of the '69 thinline?

i know of the 72, but i'd rather have single coil pick ups.

• Advertisement

The_g-man wrote:

that's is, that's the one i want.

but i'm going to have to be very picky as say i'd like the natural colour and not to 2tone sunburst. i love sunburst but i just have it already on my les paul and give of want something a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

http://www.guitarjapan.com/fenderjapan/spec_tele/tn-85spl.html
    This looks really versatile, emmet02 has one like that, its sooo sweet

http://www.guitarjapan.com/fenderjapan/spec_tele/tn70-maho.html

Same as before but mahogany body instead of maple.

The_g-man wrote:
    http://www.guitarjapan.com/fenderjapan/spec_tele/tn70-maho.html

Same as before but mahogany body instead of maple.

wouldn't it be that dark colour though?

• Advertisement

http://www.fender.jp/php/f_eg_detail.php?item_no=124

Seems like the natural finish is only with mahogany. You could consider changing your les paul if the gas has got a firm hold on you.:rolleyes:

Cremo, have you seen voodoochild's u-box link? Two thinline teles about no. 15-20 down in guitars only. First one looks a bargain but has humbuckers, second one might be what you were looking for.

Worth checking anyway. http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box

Giving this one last try, http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/en/global/0_0_G_0_GIT0000023-002/0/0/0/detail/musicstore.html?toCat=125

Same guitar as before, the one you were concerned would be "that dark colour". However, if you noticed the picture in their online catalogue page 25, it doesn't seem that much darker than the ash body beside it or the alder body in the top right corner. And musicstore might work out handier for one of their guys to have a glance at it before confirming the order, or returning it if the guitar arrives looking a bit dark for your liking.:rolleyes:

hmm well i'm still in two mind on which to get, the strat is cheaper including all shipping and taxes and you need a strat tbh (ancient1 can back me up here).

i'll have to ponder on it a bit more but that is the natural colour i was looking for, but i'm presuming that's a mexican one.

there is one in music maker i think (well there was the last time i was there about 3-4 months ago) i might pop in to give it a go again.

This strat might be close enough to lake placid blue then, Cremo.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php/product/1835/cat/16

right i've finally made my mind up, after 3 months of long thinking i'm getting in this strat in lake placid blue

the credit card is loaded, and rearing to go.

i forgot how you order of ishi again i was once told by hungus but i can't find it through boards tracker.

i know i've to send an email but i just can't remember the email address.

also to match my tweed classic 50 i shall be getting this case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

arigato mr.stormbotto.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Nice choice man. I wouldn't mind one of those myself in Sonic Blue...

Ravelleman wrote:
    Nice choice man. I wouldn't mind one of those myself in Sonic Blue...

just waiting for ishi to get back to me, they are 12 hours ahead right?

i'll be staying up anyways to stick in a sniping bid for that tweed case. :P

• Advertisement

I usually get an answer from them between 5 and 6:30. Pour some coffee.;)

lol i won't be staying up that late, once 02:17 comes i'm hitting the hay. i'll get up early if i can and confirm the order so they might ship it same day, would it be feasible to think i'd have it by the weekend?

I think Johnny Storm and Beecher both said a week, cutting it close there.

The_g-man wrote:
    I think Johnny Storm and Beecher both said a week, cutting it close there.

well who do they send it by? cause if it's a case that it's in the country by saturday i'll pick it up at the depot itching to have some strat lovin' now.

I'm stuck waiting until they collect my guitar from the manufacturers, then I start itching about the ishibashi delivery times.:eek:

The_g-man wrote:
    I'm stuck waiting until they collect my guitar from the manufacturers, then I start itching about the ishibashi delivery times.:eek:

what guitar you getting from them?

i thought they had stock of all the guitars, or is it you're just getting an uber rare mega guitar?

Don't worry Cremo, when it arrives I'll have my camera ready. I plan to catch up on my latest acquisitions all in one go. I have no idea how anyone else manages to even think about cameras in the first week after anything special arrives. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet with this one. Just have to move some things out of the way first.:cool:

well i got a reply back, turns out i've to wait for them to get it from the suppliers aswell.

turns out they've only 3 of them left, in lake placid blue, i'm a very lucky boy.

in total it came to 490 excluding taxes and customs which is pretty good considering when i was pricing a few months ago it was nearly €515 i know it's not much but it's a few picks or perishable parts etc.

i was outbidded in the auction for that case which kinda pissed me off it went for 110 dollars which is peanuts.

i'll have pictures myself when it arrives when of course i've given it a proper run in.

i'm also thinking of using new strings with this guitar, here something intrigues me about the odd setup of these strings with the unusual gauge on the low strings (EAD) and the more usual gauge on the high strings (GBE). so this guitar will have to be setup for that i'll assume.

anyways at least now it's the final countdown, i've paid for the guitar now it's just like christmas except it's better :p

now bit of small update, i got another case here

works out at about 140 euros, which ain't too bad considering they cost 205euros from thomann.

• Advertisement

right here we go, got a mail from ishibashi with a picture of the guitar not many companies i know do that.

it's attached. now there's a slight hiccup here as they've recently changed the pickguard to a tortise shell colour instead of the aged white colour. in my opinion the tortised shell colour isn't as nice looking on the guitar and will have to source an aged white pickguard from somewhere.

anyone know where i can get one and are they easy to install? never installed a pickguard as any guitars i've had the pickguard wasn't connected to the pickups ala gibson les paul classic.

like to say thanks to everyone here especially docJ as in a earlier thread had mentioned that lake placid blue is and i'll quote "there is no finer shade of blue".
    turns out he was 100% right.

Advertisement