Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

SlickRic wrote: »

I give it a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

RayCon wrote: »
    UTD to win , nerves getting the better of City.

of the two teams for the last couple of games, the evidence is for Utd if anyone.

i don't think nerves will play any part in it tonight.

they're all professionals; i just hope the ref uses common sense and is fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Draw
    Drinks are chilling, going to watch it with a couple of United fans, a Pool fan and a Villa fan.

Wont be shouting for either team but going to enjoy the game whatever the outcome, if United avoid defeat they'll have one hand on the trophy.

I still reckon City will take the 3 points though, just my gut feeling however.

the last thing United should do is invite City pressure, United have the tools to hurt City and should go out from the start to punish them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Carlos Tevez doing his best to derail the thread.

Should be banned tbh, fúcking troll.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Man United
    Ugh, haven't been so nervous about a game in an age. I have a massive knot in my stomach as I type.

Hoping United will get at least a draw from it but I have a horrible feeling about tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Ferguson is the master at getting results in these situations so for me the smart money would have to be on United.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

It will be an interesting game alright though I am not anticipating a classic.

If I get off the fence I will have to go for a draw or a win for either Man Utd or City:D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Man United
    SlickRic wrote: »
    LOL. Like people should trust that man on his word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man United
    The nerves expressed by a lot of my fellow United fans has me puzzled!

The team has been in so many of these situations down the years, its a big part of the club, the excitement of playing in the big games, the ones that decide who will win leagues, cups etc, a little nerves is normal I guess, the stakes are big, but the overwhelming feeling I have is one of excitement, of wanting the game to come as quick as possible, it is something that fans of 36 other clubs in the league would be delighted to swap places with United or City tonight!

This is what Manchester United does.
    This is why the club has more league titles than any other in England.
    This is when teams show the mark of Champions.
    This is Sparta!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

United to get a result, they might not win but I certainly can't see them losing, they're far too good at this type of thing.

A City win would be much better for the neutral, don't see it happening though.

• Advertisement

Man United
    I will temper my belief that the game will end in a draw by saying that, if either Giggs or Park start this game, United are fcuked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hate, HATE this waiting around - Jesus roll on kick off time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

An early goal either way would be great.

Man United
    SantryRed wrote: »

Would you mind placing a bet on a Rooney hattrick please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

SantryRed wrote: »

I don't know, City will have to go at them one way or the other, if United get an early goal it will just give them an incentive to sit back. It's not like United to sit on a lead but a draw here would be huge so they just might.

Man United
    Under 8 hours to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Draw
    Looking forward to this match, hopefully there's a lot of goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Man United
    Nervy 0-0. Will be described as dramatic by sky sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

kryogen wrote: »
    Under 8 hours to go!

7 now..... Gonna be a long bast**d of an afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Comfortable City victory.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man United
    Never been aa nervous and excited about a game of football. Love and hates games like these...

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Draw
    3-3 with United getting an injury time equaliser to rob a point and the title

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

leggit wrote: »
    3-3 with United getting an injury time equaliser to rob a point and the title

Marriner assist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Man United
    Both teams must be kicking themselves for not securing this title or assuming a commanding position by the time this game came around. Without sounding cheesey, may the best team win fairly. A flood of bad decisions recently, hopefully this game is won fair and square.

Man United
    karma_ wrote: »
    Marriner assist?

Be nice if it was Marriner and the linesman in cahoots tbh, an offside goal that doesnt cross the line would still be my favorite way for United to score :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Hoping United will have enough about them to get at least a draw out of this. Ideally, united will hold city to a point where city are pressing really high up and united break on the counter and score :).

Prediction: 1-0 united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Draw
    City to win by two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

ah FVck it - Utd to win 10-1. Tevez and Balotelli to get sent off for fighting over who takes the penalty to give city the lead. Joe Hart to follow for bringing down Rooney clear on goal and city already after using all of their subs have to play without a keeper.

IF ONLY :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this match, hopefully there's a lot of goals!

Will this do?

derbyo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draw
    Alarm set for 2.30am...and 2.40am...and 2.50am...better not sleep it out :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Be nice if it was Marriner and the linesman in cahoots tbh, an offside goal that doesnt cross the line would still be my favorite way for United to score :)

No my favourite way would be from a corner where it is crossed to Scholes who is unmarked at the edge of the box and catches it perfectly and it roars into the top right hand corner. The only thing that would make that better would be Nevilles orgasmic scream as it is floating into the net but he isn't doing co-commentary tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Looking like Raf will miss out due to his usual man marking debacle at Everton. Anyone think it would be better if he started?

Man United
    s_carnage wrote: »
    No my favourite way would be from a corner where it is crossed to Scholes who is unmarked at the edge of the box and catches it perfectly and it roars into the top right hand corner. The only thing that would make that better would be Nevilles orgasmic scream as it is floating into the net but he isn't doing co-commentary tonight.

No matter where he is, if that happens, you will hear it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Draw
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Looking like Raf will miss out due to his usual man marking debacle at Everton. Anyone think it would be better if he started?

Man City fans might.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draw

Every City fan tbh

• Advertisement

Man United

why do you think its looking like that? Not at home so can't check the news, has there been something said from the United camp?

I'd say its a 50/50 barring word otherwise, Raf provides plenty going forward and has a good bit of fight and defensive ability even though he has made mistakes. Smalling would be ok too though, I'd stick with Raf personally, the only thing that would have me leaning toward Smalling is the aerial advantage he has, but City aren't that big up front so it would just be for set pieces really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rafael to start please... :pac:

Rafael-da-Silva-v-Carlos--006.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭jacool

Draw
    The nerves expressed by a lot of my fellow United fans has me puzzled!

The team has been in so many of these situations down the years, its a big part of the club, the excitement of playing in the big games, the ones that decide who will win leagues, cups etc, a little nerves is normal I guess, the stakes are big, but the overwhelming feeling I have is one of excitement, of wanting the game to come as quick as possible, it is something that fans of 36 other clubs in the league would be delighted to swap places with United or City tonight!

This is what Manchester United does.
    This is why the club has more league titles than any other in England.
    This is when teams show the mark of Champions.
    This is Sparta!!!!!!! :D
    What's puzzling me is
    a) how you can pick 36 clubs and not 90?
    b) the Sparta reference?

I want goals, loads of goals, (an odd number to guarantee a winner) and the title race back on again!
    Even though Mancini says its over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

556096_3129691245326_1356078118_32360311_1694887224_n.jpg

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Man United
    skinny90 wrote: »
    556096_3129691245326_1356078118_32360311_1694887224_n.jpg
    Probably taken in Stockport. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

i thought it was photoshoped...still funny tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Joined by geography seperated by success..
    C'mon United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dream result for all those who couldnt give a toss which manchester team won it and thoroughly dislikes ANY team from Manchester :p

Onfield brawl results in enough points docked from both teams, so ANY OTHER TEAM wins the LEAGUE :D

ABM's forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Whats everyones bets ? Have a euro on a tevez hattrick @ 80/1, tenner on rooney aguero anytime double @9/1 & then a tenner on a headed goal @ 4/1

Anyone else do anything?

ASOT wrote: »
    Whats everyones bets ? Have a euro on a tevez hattrick @ 80/1, tenner on rooney aguero anytime double @9/1 & then a tenner on a headed goal @ 4/1

Anyone else do anything?

did rooney to score first and united to win 2-1 @50/1 €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Draw
    ASOT wrote: »

Anyone else do anything?

christ if i'd known you were throwing money away like that i'd have followed you all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Draw
    Want City to win it, but it's united so you can never rule them out.

I'll go with city 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,934 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Draw
    City 6 United 1 @ 225/1.....Not like its never happened before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Man United
    No he is terrible defender.What I would like to see is him playing as a winger but with Valencia,Nani and Young ahead of him that is not going to happen.

Iv a strange feeling jones may start ahead of rafael

• Advertisement
Advertisement