Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Family Planning Clinics

Options
  • 23-01-2008 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

This is a branch of the anti-life movement (International Planned Parenthood Federation) which promotes abortion and birth control. They are anti-family, anti-child. They won't tell you this because they are making money out of you! There are many in your city or town and don't deserve any support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, they're a cro-choice clinics, not anti-life. You may not agree with them, but lying about them is a fairly childish way to go about things. They give all the options available, not narrow it down to one, as some clinics do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh look it's zombie SPUC or son of SPUC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Oh look it's zombie SPUC or son of SPUC.

Sorry just crious, but what does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

JimiTime wrote: »
    Sorry just crious, but what does that mean?
    To do with this, I assume: http://www.spuc.org.uk/

Wait, birth control is part of the "anti life movement"?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

SPUC, or The "Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child" was an organization which got hot and heavy during the various abortion referendums held here in Ireland over the last 30 years or so. I don't know if the Irish branch of SPUC are still around these days, but they're certainly active in the UK, where they have formed alliances with a number of religious organizations, including islamics and fundamentalist christians.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    SPUC, or The "Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child" was an organization which got hot and heavy during the various abortion referendums held here in Ireland over the last 30 years or so. I don't know if the Irish branch of SPUC are still around these days, but they're certainly active in the UK, where they have formed alliances with a number of religious organizations, including islamics and fundamentalist christians.

Ahhhh, I see. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

humanji wrote: »
    Well, they're a cro-choice clinics, not anti-life. You may not agree with them, but lying about them is a fairly childish way to go about things. They give all the options available, not narrow it down to one, as some clinics do.

By the same logic anyone supporting the Nazis was pro-choice because they supported Hitler's right to choose whether to kill the Jews or not to kill them.

As for the people who only supported one option (not killing Jews) I guess they were liars if they accused the Nazis of being anti-Jewish life?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Cause an abortion is exactly the same as capturing a person, holding them in horrible conditions, beating and torturing them then putting them to death. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Hmmm. A thread godwin'd in less than two and a half hours, and in fewer than ten posts.

Is this a forum record?

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Cause an abortion is exactly the same as capturing a person, holding them in horrible conditions, beating and torturing them then putting them to death. :rolleyes:

Ehh, I think you missed the point of the post. It was meant to show you that, if you consider the unborn child, alive, then you should not have the 'choice' to kill him/her. Its pro choice in the same way as hitler could 'choose' to kill the Jews. Obviously, if you don't see the baby as a life you'll disagree, but thats what the point was.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote: »

The last bit is right - putting them to death.

robindch wrote: »
    Hmmm. A thread godwin'd in less than two and a half hours, and in fewer than ten posts.

Is this a forum record?

I reject Godwin's law. It is nonsense and based on a false premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

PDN wrote: »
    I reject Godwin's law. It is nonsense and based on a false premise.

That's ok PDN, Godwin believes in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

PDN wrote: »
    By the same logic anyone supporting the Nazis was pro-choice because they supported Hitler's right to choose whether to kill the Jews or not to kill them.

As for the people who only supported one option (not killing Jews) I guess they were liars if they accused the Nazis of being anti-Jewish life?
    What are you on about? The OP said that the clinic is anti-life. If they were, they'd be campaigning that everyone should be killed. It's got nothing to do with Nazis, even in comparison.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement