Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2015: Round 6 - Monaco GP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Yes, Lewis writes it off as we win and lose as a team

Sky F1 really trying point blame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yes, Lewis writes it off as we win and lose as a team

Sky F1 really trying point blame

Lewis hasn't written anything off... He's just got the sense to say what needs to be said until he's behind closed doors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Haha, The Hulk messing up his English idioms

Nice explanation of the Kyvat/ Ricciardo situation, makes sense and fair play from both drivers for honouring the call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Haha, The Hulk messing up his English idioms

Huh? You mean not everyone says "Not my cup of Cake"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Oh FFS, I just woke up......I fell asleep about an hour ago and missed all the action. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Oh FFS, I just woke up......I fell asleep about an hour ago and missed all the action. :(

You can always watch the highlights on BBC1 @ 17:05 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fascinating end to a fairly boring GP up to that stage. Did Lewis not hint to the team that his tyres were suffering?

I can only assume that Lewis went on the defensive in the last few laps. He didn't put any real dent-pressure on Sebastien despite him being on far better tyres. Not like the pressure Mansell put on Senna in 1992.

He's a bit of d1ck, is Lewis. So contrived and deliberately awkward in interviews. His one word answers are so choreographed.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Race was basically F1 season personified in the first 65 laps, i.e. positions of the first corner with little overtaking. Delighted for Nico, deserves a bit of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

An awful way to lose a race, for any driver. What the team were thinking, is beyond me. Lewis had the guts of a 20 second lead built up, so even if Nico/Seb had pitted, it would have put them even further down the road, running out of laps, on a track that's extremely difficult to pass on. Madness, not just because Lewis lost the win he had rightly deserved, but they also threw constructor points away to their nearest rivals because of it.

Another thing, the safety car really, really needs to go. The VSC does a far better job of it, & this whole letting lapped cars unlap themselves wastes an enormous amount of time/laps every time it happens. All they have to do is let the pack pass them by & pull back in.

The race was a complete snore fest, & as described above, represents everything wrong with F1 today. Sitting someone new to the sport down to watch that race would only serve to turn them off F1, & rightly so. It's so completely boring a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Thidp wrote: »
    I'm surprised Kimi just said "that was not nice" hahaha

"so, that was not very nice",
    Sounded like he was explaining it to a 5 year old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

A Ferrari decision cost Vettel in Spain and there wasn't much fuss about it.

Everything is a drama with Hamilton. He snapped at his engineer on the radio again, such a classless spoilt prima donna.

Ric interview with the beeb,
    "If Kimi had gone into the tyres then yea, it would have been a penalty"

Will Lewis get repromanded for what seemed a deliberate crash into the 3rd place sign when parking his car at the end of the race. Nobody mentioned it when it happened. He has a right to be frustrated, but something OTT petulant about him?

walshb wrote: »
    Will Lewis get repromanded for what seemed a deliberate crash into the 3rd place sign when parking his car at the end of the race. Nobody mentioned it when it happened. He has a right to be frustrated, but something OTT petulant about him?

No, too many excuses he could use. Lauda might give him a talking too but thats it. Although Lauda seemed as pissed as Lewis at the team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Just watched the highlights on the Beeb. I couldn't disagree more with the commentators saying that Hamilton dealt with the disappointment well. I'd have hidden any sharp knieves close to him. Christ you'd swear someone he knew had died.

I warmed a bit to Rosberg today. I didn't like the Schumacher-esque moves he pulled last year but he actually seemed genuine today when he talked about Lewis's bad luck.

I can't make up my mind about Verstappen. Very clever stuff letting Vet carve a hole for him to follow through and then he rear ends Grosjean.

I love Ricarddos honesty. Typical Aussie, tells it as it is. Just like Webber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I thought Hamilton did a good job in the post race interviews, in the past he's thrown the team under the bus when things haven't gone his way. Adversity definitely doesn't agree with him.

That was my first and last time watching a race on sky, 5 montages in the hour before the race and the reaction to Hamilton's stop was a joke.

I thought Hamilton did a good job in the post race interviews, in the past he's thrown the team under the bus when things haven't gone his way. Adversity definitely doesn't agree with him.

I disagree. There wasn't a modicum of honesty in it. He didn't have to be completely real and honest, but a little would have helped. Like a robot. He didn't at all speak in a manner that was similar to his body language. No passion or realism whatsoever. His tone didn't even change. Odd is the best description. Nothing human about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I thought Hamilton reacted better than he would have in the past, you could see he was disappointed but wasn't much anger about it. Hamilto a interviews are never the best anyway. Disappointed at the end that even on new tyres and more pace he wasnt able to get close enough to challenge Vettel for second

Rosberg pace was disappointing during the race, good for championship he got lucky with the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

A controlled post race performance from Hamilton. Not surprising really, I can only imagine being in that situation. I'm sure he was fuming behind it all but you don't become a double world champion by flying off the handle becuase of someone's mistake. The amount of mental strength required to drive an f1 car for 2 hours especially around Monaco is emense. Why would we expect him to be out of that mindset minutes after the end of the race.

If he started talking he'd only say something he might regret later. He knows the team has got him to where he is so no point publicly berating them. He's gutted but it will be interesting to see if there's any second guessing of strategy for the rest of the season - either from Hamilton or from the team as a whole. Hamilton will bounce back, as a driver he had a near faultless weekend but the team may go conservative in the future.

Ahh merc are newbies compared to the likes of Ferrari they may have just learned the hard way thay track position is everything in Monaco :-P

• Advertisement

In fairness I wouldn't have blamed Hamilton for going mental. That decision was the stupidest thing I've seen in F1 since that priest ran onto the track at Silverstone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I must add that the BBC highlights coverage made Hamilton look alot more in control than he actually was when watched live.
    On BBC, he just appeared glum which would be fair enough. When watched live, it played out a fair bit different. He parked on circuit and it would appear needed to be persuaded to bring himself and the car back - I think he was having delusions of being Senna again. Given that podium presentation was by the royals, this would have been a massive snub if he didn't appear. He then proceeded to bring the car back at a snails pace, holding up the entire cermony for quite a few mins, not before giving the 3rd place marker a right thump when parking.
    After accepting his award, he took off down the track and wasnt hanging around for podium interview. The camera cut to him speaking with the fia communications man and then he made his return.
    Overall a disgraceful performance from him. From hearing what he said in the press conference, it would appear to me that he had as much to do with deciding to pit as the team did.
    He said that he saw on the big screens that there was action in the pits and he felt his tyres were poor. He said he pitted fully expecting Nico and seb to pit also. All that would suggest that he at least had an input into the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

His reaction on the radio was typical of man with an astounding level on immaturity. My immediate reaction was that if Senna got a message with 5 laps to go telling him what could help him go faster he would not have said PFO.

Frankly I can't see how Mercedes think Hamilton is good for them, they'd win the championship anyway without him, save €30m a year and they wouldn't have a man-child to deal with, nor the negative impact his churlishness must have on their reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I disagree. There wasn't a modicum of honesty in it. He didn't have to be completely real and honest, but a little would have helped. Like a robot. He didn't at all speak in a manner that was similar to his body language. No passion or realism whatsoever. His tone didn't even change. Odd is the best description. Nothing human about it.

He said nothing though, and that in itself is a success given his past press conferences/interviews!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Anyone know why there was grid guys instead of grid girls before todays race. Was strange to say the least. Hopefully just a once off

mickdw wrote: »
    He then proceeded to bring the car back at a snails pace, holding up the entire cermony for quite a few mins, not before giving the 3rd place marker a right thump when parking.

You're name isn't Rosberg by any chance?? :P Not the first time this season Hamilton has been given out to for going too slow. All said and done his slowing down lap was one of the more interesting laps of an otherwise dull race. As for thumping 3rd place sign you have to remember that the modern F1 car has no doors to slam so drivers have to make do with what they can find :rolleyes:

The whole incident made the race or at least covered up for a poor grand prix. A spectacular crash, precocious talent clutching defeat from the jaws of victory in the dying stages of the race and the lead in the championship cut - of course we know the reality - but Bernie will be happy.
    wobbles wrote: »
    Anyone know why there was grid guys instead of grid girls before todays race. Was strange to say the least. Hopefully just a once off

See the no campaign warned you the gates of hell would swing open but no one listened... damn equality :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I must add that the BBC highlights coverage made Hamilton look alot more in control than he actually was when watched live.
    On BBC, he just appeared glum which would be fair enough. When watched live, it played out a fair bit different. He parked on circuit and it would appear needed to be persuaded to bring himself and the car back - I think he was having delusions of being Senna again. Given that podium presentation was by the royals, this would have been a massive snub if he didn't appear. He then proceeded to bring the car back at a snails pace, holding up the entire cermony for quite a few mins, not before giving the 3rd place marker a right thump when parking.
    After accepting his award, he took off down the track and wasnt hanging around for podium interview. The camera cut to him speaking with the fia communications man and then he made his return.
    Overall a disgraceful performance from him. From hearing what he said in the press conference, it would appear to me that he had as much to do with deciding to pit as the team did.
    He said that he saw on the big screens that there was action in the pits and he felt his tyres were poor. He said he pitted fully expecting Nico and seb to pit also. All that would suggest that he at least had an input into the decision.
    ^^^^
    This.
    He deliberately slowed the ceremony by driving slow, when finished. Crashing into the marker. Sorry, he's a d**k
    I have defended him here on these very pages in the past. Not any more.
    OK, missed out on the win due to 1 bad pit call. As Mick said, he must have had some input into the decision, as he told the pit crew that his tyres were gone.
    Anyway, be furious, mad, angry or whatever - but behaviour like that from a so called grown man.....
    Please.

Q&A wrote: »
    The whole incident made the race or at least covered up for a poor grand prix. A spectacular crash, precocious talent clutching defeat from the jaws of victory in the dying stages of the race and the lead in the championship cut - of course we know the reality - but Bernie will be happy.

In fairness it's Monaco. Any race where the pole-sitter doesn't lead from lights to flags is above average for it. A big crash and a blunder from a team is about as good as it gets other than rain.

You're name isn't Rosberg by any chance?? :P Not the first time this season Hamilton has been given out to for going too slow. All said and done his slowing down lap was one of the more interesting laps of an otherwise dull race. As for thumping 3rd place sign you have to remember that the modern F1 car has no doors to slam so drivers have to make do with what they can find :rolleyes:

Absolutely agree that the incident made the race and Hamilton spitting the dummy is always guaranteed when everything is not going his way.
    I'm glad the full safety car was deployed as the virtual one wouldn't have allowed the field to have bunched up. You need that unpredictability in F1.

• Advertisement

Also it was good to see McLaren make a step forward. :) Did anyone see how they jumped up the order near the start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

Hamiltons actions after the race were one of a childish person, I don't know where BBC saw maturity. I always thought EJ to be honest.
    Ultimately the decision to put lies with Hamilton. At the time of Verstappen crash Hamilton had goosed his tyre and Rosberg was closing. When Hamilton saw the VSC he made the decision to pit. If he didn't pit Rosberg would be right behind him at the restart. Wouldn't be the first time Hamilton coward from a fight when his car is not at its best. He would do anything to not have Rosberg pass him on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I'm a big fan of Hamilton and I like his style and contempt for those
    that last year instructed him to move to one side to allow Rosberg to pass
    in which he declined to do so. I feel that they're out to get him and I wonder if
    he'll still be with Mercedes next year?

Is there any highlights programme on again? Wouldn't mind seeing the way BBC covered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

I really doubt that Rosberg would try to overtake Hamilton...

We saw that Hamilton was with a big advantage in tyres against Vettel and he couldn't do anything. Had he tried any move, Vettel probably wouldn't back down and they would touch. It would be the same with Rosberg vs Hamilton, with the detail that they are on the same team and a crash between them in Monaco would cause a cluster****. Rosberg would probably just follow him very closely till the end.

This doesn't mean of course that Hamilton didn't ask to pit, I'm just saying that if he did because of fear of a fight with Rosberg, he made a stupid mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

I'm a big fan of Hamilton and I like his style and contempt for those
    that last year instructed him to move to one side to allow Rosberg to pass
    in which he declined to do so. I feel that they're out to get him and I wonder if
    he'll still be with Mercedes next year?

he signed a $100m deal with them during the week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Firstly I watched this on the BBC highlights programme. Whoever was the TV director should be fired,really bad use of the cameras.
    Secondly, Lewis Hamilton fries my brain! Such an immature,sulky creature. How Eddie Jordan can say that he has matured so much in the last 12 months is beyond me. When things are going well for him,he's seems to be able to conduct himself,when things go bad,he sticks out the lower lip,folds his arms and sulks like a child. Hitting the place marker like that,no excuse. FFS, he's a grown man! It seems to me that he feels that Nico had it so much easier than him all his life and so he feels so aggrieved when Nico does better than him. Fine,today was a major clusterf**k,whoever was at fault,he should have won but honestly,I'm delighted he didn't. I've been a Williams fan for many years,but he's actually making me hope that Rosberg wins this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

he signed a $100m deal with them during the week

Ah fair enough. I wasn't aware of that!

cadaliac wrote: »
    ^^^^
    This.
    He deliberately slowed the ceremony by driving slow, when finished. Crashing into the marker. Sorry, he's a d**k
    I have defended him here on these very pages in the past. Not any more.
    OK, missed out on the win due to 1 bad pit call. As Mick said, he must have had some input into the decision, as he told the pit crew that his tyres were gone.
    Anyway, be furious, mad, angry or whatever - but behaviour like that from a so called grown man.....
    Please.

There are no grown men in F1! This hitting the marker thing is really getting to people - I think it must be awakening suppressed emotions from posters who tipped their bumper in their time. It shouldn't effect his super license but there goes his no claims bonus!!

In terms of the share of blame to go round for the bad strategy call it surely has to rest with the pit wall. Yes, the driver has a role but lets not forget the army of strategist employed by the teams. To blame Hamilton for not computing the 2 second short fall as he was driving round is harsh. Its a team game and some of the team mucked up. We've all had that situation where we rely on others and for whatever reason they let us down. However, unlike Hamilton we aren't under the constant gaze of the public. After a serious muck up at work we'd all want to count to 10 or go for a walk to calm down - he did this by pulling over and admiring the lovely view of the Mediterranean and sauntering back - and who could blame him for that, its a popular place. It especially hurt that this was Monaco the race that epitomises F1.

In the heat of the moment he took a time out and wasn't exactly chuffed at finishing 3rd - for someone top of their sport are any of us surprised by this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

We chastise the drivers for not showing enough emotion, and in this case we chastise them for showing too much emotion. I'm with Hamilton on this - he's no robot.

Having said that I'm still pleased to see Nico win if only for the title :D

There are no grown men in F1! This hitting the marker thing is really getting to people - I think it must be awakening suppressed emotions from posters who tipped their bumper in their time. It shouldn't effect his super license but there goes his no claims bonus!!

In terms of the share of blame to go round for the bad strategy call it surely has to rest with the pit wall. Yes, the driver has a role but lets not forget the army of strategist employed by the teams. To blame Hamilton for not computing the 2 second short fall as he was driving round is harsh. Its a team game and some of the team mucked up. We've all had that situation where we rely on others and for whatever reason they let us down. However, unlike Hamilton we aren't under the constant gaze of the public. After a serious muck up at work we'd all want to count to 10 or go for a walk to calm down - he did this by pulling over and admiring the lovely view of the Mediterranean and sauntering back - and who could blame him for that, its a popular place. It especially hurt that this was Monaco the race that epitomises F1.

In the heat of the moment he took a time out and wasn't exactly chuffed at finishing 3rd - for someone top of their sport are any of us surprised by this.

No, I think he was tempted to do a senna and walk away to his apartment however in todays f1, I'm sure his contract and the conditions of his super licence ensure that he does what he is told in terms of fulfilling his media and podium obligations. I'd love to hear the radio conversation that took place as he stopped on track. Possibility of a few million pounds in fines softened his cough I'd say.

• Advertisement

I also can't help thinking that if Ross Brawn was at the helm, that wouldn't have happened.

No, I think he was tempted to do a senna and walk away to his apartment however in todays f1, I'm sure his contract and the conditions of his super licence ensure that he does what he is told in terms of fulfilling his media and podium obligations. I'd love to hear the radio conversation that took place as he stopped on track. Possibility of a few million pounds in fines softened his cough I'd say.

All F1 races should take place near drivers homes...that way we can have a cliffhanger slow down laps of will they or wont they go home.

Everything you listed there just shows how F1 has changed... safety, sanitized and corporate now. As have the drivers....
    Zcott wrote: »
    We chastise the drivers for not showing enough emotion, and in this case we chastise them for showing too much emotion. I'm with Hamilton on this - he's no robot.

Having said that I'm still pleased to see Nico win if only for the title :D

I agree Hamilton is getting (unfairly in my view) criticised both ways here. Maybe it was just the way it ended (curt radio message, pulling up, slow drive back, marker gate) we were all expecting hair to fly and we didn't get our bloodbath.

Really? Scenery?

Look, I empathise with you on the mistake that Mercedes made. You are correct that the blame lays solely at the feet of the pit wall. There is one person who ultimately will make that call and overrule everyone else's decision if push comes to shove.
    I don't blame Hamilton at all. In fact I agree that it is a horrible thing to happen to someone who is at the top of their game and winning.
    Winners hate loosing.

But, as angry as he was / is, doesn't give him a licence to behave like he does. Too much covering up for his behaviour goes on here and it's all referenced to his tremendous driving skill.
    Up to his very weekend, I was doing exactly that - defending him, mainly because I think he is incredibly talented.

Also, anyone who is surprised that Eddie Jordan is telling porky pies should get a grip. He is just as "pc" as any other BBC presenter. They all know what side the bread is buttered on. His pro Hamilton remarks about how mature he is these days is simply laughable to be fair.

cadaliac wrote: »
    Really? Scenery?

Look, I empathise with you on the mistake that Mercedes made. You are correct that the blame lays solely at the feet of the pit wall. There is one person who ultimately will make that call and overrule everyone else's decision if push comes to shove.
    I don't blame Hamilton at all. In fact I agree that it is a horrible thing to happen to someone who is at the top of their game and winning.
    Winners hate loosing.

But, as angry as he was / is, doesn't give him a licence to behave like he does. Too much covering up for his behaviour goes on here and it's all referenced to his tremendous driving skill.
    Up to his very weekend, I was doing exactly that - defending him, mainly because I think he is incredibly talented.

Also, anyone who is surprised that Eddie Jordan is telling porky pies should get a grip. He is just as "pc" as any other BBC presenter. They all know what side the bread is buttered on. His pro Hamilton remarks about how mature he is these days is simply laughable to be fair.

Is he any worse than any other world champion in the decade? They are all flawed characters, driven my ego and self importance. Given thats what the teams have to work with I can see were EJ is coming from... But these are general points about f1 drivers and nothing to do with anything in our after this race.

Is he any worse than any other world champion in the decade? They are all flawed characters, driven my ego and self importance. Given thats what the teams have to work with I can see were EJ is coming from... But these are general points about f1 drivers and nothing to do with anything in our after this race.

Yes, agreed.
    It's kind of what I liked about hamilton. He has raw pace and is a bit pinky plonky sometimes. All the good ones are. Our tried and tested old German reference of a certain Mister M. Schumacher is an excellent yard stick, as is Senna.
    Anyway, as much as I like controversy and adding a little life to a dying sport - he just makes it hard for people to like him. God knows, I have tried.

On a side note, I heard that the track side stand prices were eye wateringly expensive (even for Qualifying) - anyone have some prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

In fairness I wouldn't have blamed Hamilton for going mental. That decision was the stupidest thing I've seen in F1 since that priest ran onto the track at Silverstone.

Worth watching that again!

Imagine what Hamilton would make of him.

CFlat wrote: »
    Just watched the highlights on the Beeb. I couldn't disagree more with the commentators saying that Hamilton dealt with the disappointment well. I'd have hidden any sharp knieves close to him. Christ you'd swear someone he knew had died.

Overall a disgraceful performance from him.

I'm saying this as a Kimi fan, not a Hamilton fan - so in no way am I trying to defend Lewis. I'm just giving my opinion.

It's clear from watching him, and from the short interview with his brother, that Hamilton is just a very emotional guy anyway. Some people are, some people aren't - that's life. It's got nothing to do with "being a grown man", which is all too often associated with hiding all feelings in public tbfh.

I know why the commentators said that he handled it well - because it's a huge task for someone like that to bottle it up, keep face and say what needs to be said until you're out of the limelight. Just based on his facial expressions you could probably tell how he felt from space, but he's expected to say something, he's the reigning world champion. He can't just run away and hide. Of course anything he said seemed "odd" or "cold", trying to keep your emotions in check and try lie convincingly is just difficult. Not everyone can act like Button or Alonso and pull positives out of a huge negative. And it was the mature thing to do not to throw the team under the bus until after debrief.

I think when he stopped the car he just needed a minute to compose himself. He had finally got his first pole at Monaco, hugely significant for any driver, and had all but won it on race day until one incident which was out of his control. The last thing you want to be doing is driving around a car you rely on in a highly emotional state.
    His reaction on the radio was typical of man with an astounding level on immaturity. My immediate reaction was that if Senna got a message with 5 laps to go telling him what could help him go faster he would not have said PFO.
    At the time all that was going through his head was "my team has just cost me this race" - it's got to be hard to try take any more direction from them after that.

Rules question: Red Bull had an agreement that Kyvat would get the place back if Daniel failed to pass Hamilton. If Daniel crossed the line first can that place be given back, or is that not possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Rules question: Red Bull had an agreement that Kyvat would get the place back if Daniel failed to pass Hamilton. If Daniel crossed the line first can that place be given back, or is that not possible?

Places cannot be changed post race unless it's done through time pelantys accumulated in the race. A system where teams could swap drivers post race would be a stupid one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I've said it before and got flamed for it, but I'll say it again anyway.
    He's not an emotional guy. He's a stroppy spoilt child. He has matured a little, but fundamentally is still the same, with some rehearsed media crap that he forces himself to say at interviews. Senna was an emotional guy. Hamilton is not, and never will be as good as he was either, no matter how often he tries to draw the comparison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement