Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleague blogging about co- workers

Options
  • 21-06-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just found out that a consultant in my workplace has blogged and tweeted about me and other co-workers. He is using his own name to blog and tweet and he is doing it in work. The content posted is negative in nature. Not personal, mainly this guy blowing off steam about our perceived shortcomings. He is very technical but has absolutely no people skills. The internal team is trying to get up to speed in his area of expertise. We are meant to learn from him but he doesn’t speak to any of the team unless he has to. He just speaks to our boss and the bosses boss. He acts differently around them and they excuse his bad manners, distance and gruffness because he is an expert t in his area. He is not using names in his blog posts but it’s obvious who he is referring to. I have made unofficial complaints about the guy before but got fobbed off by the boss who said the guy is foreign and maybe it’s a cultural thing and that it's hard for him in a strange country etc. That to me is a load of bull. We have lots of other nationalities in my workplace and they integrate very well.

I have told some of the other people who were blogged about and none of them are happy. We are not sure how to approach this. My blood is boiling. I had to calm myself and not barge in to my boss’s office. I want him dealt with but I’m not sure how to approach it. Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Print out a screenshot of his blog and anonymously leave it on his desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

This guy is compromising your companies confidentiality by making public any information about the process/people there.. Print it out and bring it to your boss, ask him to deal with it... its their job

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

bbam wrote: »
    This guy is compromising your companies confidentiality by making public any information about the process/people there.. Print it out and bring it to your boss, ask him to deal with it... its their job

He's not actually naming names though so he is probably not naming the company either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Bring it to your boss' attention anyway, preferrably by email, and make sure you keep off-site copies of everything. CYA, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi.OP here again. Thanks for the advice. Still not sure what to do. Don't know whether to approach the boos myself or go with the others who were blogged about. Think if I go myself it might reflect negativity on me. I could be seen as a whinger. if I go with the others the boss may feel ganged up on. I don't know what to do but I can't let this go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement