Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern Primitives groupon (and others)

• 04-12-2014 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all,

Just about every deal website going has a great deal with Modern Primitives. I'm very tempted. Has anyone got anything done there and can comment on quality, safety etc??

The tattoo I want is identical to a previous one I have, but in a different colour scheme. Not particularly complicated!

Thanks all,

Meelah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I would be wondering how good a place is if it has to use Groupon to attract customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Meelah wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just about every deal website going has a great deal with Modern Primitives. I'm very tempted. Has anyone got anything done there and can comment on quality, safety etc??

The tattoo I want is identical to a previous one I have, but in a different colour scheme. Not particularly complicated!

Thanks all,

Meelah

I've had work done there and it's good. Well recommended with the caveat that he has things hes good and others not so much. Colour work is fantastic though.

Give us an idea of what your tattoo and I can be more sure but if it's simple enough than no worries and grab the deal.

dinorebel wrote: »
    I would be wondering how good a place is if it has to use Groupon to attract customers.

New enough shop that's not in town. Why wouldn't you?

Or should every tattoo shop just rely on word of mouth so the art remains pure?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Meelah

Hi dino,

That occurred to me too, but then that could be something simple as Clontarf not getting as much traffic as places in the city centre.

Thanks Orim!

It's a flower, about three inches, with different-coloured petals and big black leaves. So I'm glad to hear he's not afraid of colour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Orim wrote: »
    New enough shop that's not in town. Why wouldn't you?

Or should every tattoo shop just rely on word of mouth so the art remains pure?
    I maybe am being a bit unfair to them it's just that most of the studios I've seen using Groupon would of been pretty poor.
    Just had a quick scan of the page and some of the stuff looks pretty good.

• Advertisement

Hi dino,

That occurred to me too, but then that could be something simple as Clontarf not getting as much traffic as places in the city centre.

Thanks Orim!

It's a flower, about three inches, with different-coloured petals and big black leaves. So I'm glad to hear he's not afraid of colour!

I really like the look of the photos on Facebook! I'm going for it :)

dinorebel wrote: »
    I maybe am being a bit unfair to them it's just that most of the studios I've seen using Groupon would of been pretty poor.
    Just had a quick scan of the page and some of the stuff looks pretty good.

I agree that some are bad but at the end of the day tattoo shops are still businesses and they have to do the same things as any other business.

It's the same as when people automatically write off a shop because it's cheaper. Yeah it could be a bad shop but sometimes a good deal is just a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ProVox

I've had a few pieces done there - no complaints at all.
    Had some very high colour pieces done a while back - all looking really good and settling well.
    Recently had some geo work done and I'm over the moon with it.
    Really quick work (which helped on a painful sternum/ribs piece), clean lines, fair rates and a relaxed atmosphere to boot - also excellent choice of decor (defaced Hall & Oates album art anyone?)

Defo worth a punt - I'd recommend them to anyone.

Hi ProVox,

I'm delighted to hear such good feedback about the place, thanks for sharing this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Was having a look on their fb, and Paul is churning out some nice work. He posted a nice mandala sternum piece yesterday :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement