Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with radiator

Options
  • 06-01-2014 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have problem with two radiators in the house. Basically all are roasting hot part from two that are lukewarm when gas CH on for a while

I bled them and both seems to turned on fully.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hi,

I have problem with two radiators in the house. Basically all are roasting hot part from two that are lukewarm when gas CH on for a while

I bled them and both seems to turned on fully.

Any suggestions?

Most likely a circulation or balancing issue?
    At a guess, are the two rads downstairs, one in that hall, the other in the living room the other side of the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

shane0007 wrote: »
    Most likely a circulation or balancing issue?
    At a guess, are the two rads downstairs, one in that hall, the other in the living room the other side of the wall?

Yep!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Watch out Keith Barry, Shane0007 is hot on your heels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Yep!?

Well used to them.
    You will also have the pipes coming out of the walls to the rads downstairs & out of the floors to the rads upstairs.

Your boiler pressure will be reading 0.5bar.

Basically, if yes to above, you have the dreaded drop down & most likely a semi-sealed system.

If you boiler has any age to it, it most likely only has a 5m head pump. This in a highly restrictive system with 2 rads fed on a drop down 1/2" pipe in the wall is the issue.

Can it be fixed? Yup.

Advertisement