Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo removal in Dublin

Options
  • 27-11-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey guys, I am looking to get my tattoo removed and I am wondering which place is the best quality and quickest in Dublin?

My tattoo is on my ankle and I've had it just over 6 years. It's black, blue, orange and red and I guess a medium size. I've just outgrown it so would really appreciate some advice, I'm one of those people that needs to be kicked to do something like this :p

I also have really pale skin and I'm only 24, I heard that those attributes can contribute to the quality of the removal. Would love to hear some experiences too please, thanks :)

Sam xox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭billyhead

I would be interested in replies to this query aswell. I am in the process of trying to get a tattoo removed and after 10 sessions its still visible. Can anyone recommend places where they have had success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

billyhead wrote: »
    I would be interested in replies to this query aswell. I am in the process of trying to get a tattoo removed and after 10 sessions its still visible. Can anyone recommend places where they have had success

What size and colour is your tattoo?

I had one removed from my wrist. Took about 12 sessions IIRC.

TBH OP I'd just get it covered up. My removal was horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Rather than looking at venues you'd probably be better off asking about the laser used in each place, far as I can tell almost everywhere in Dublin uses q-switch so in that sense one place is probably as good as the next.

I was in London in September and while there got a treatment with a Picosure laser in a tattoo studio (The Circle) and the results were really good for one session, quite a bit of a fading. The picosure website says each picosure treatment is worth 5 - 6 traditional q-switch treatments, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration but it's definitely 3 or 4 I'd say.

I'm getting another treatment in Dundrum Laser next week (q-switch) as I won't be in the UK for ages now, I sent a lot of mails and they rang me back and talked me through absolutely everything about lasers so I was impressed, but I see Dublin Ink are advertising laser again now for €40 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BekkiFae

What's the different in the two lasers in the way that they work? I have a fairly large tatt on my upper back which is just an outline. I'm going to a local place later today to see if they can do it, how many session etc but would assume it's the q-switch. Very interested in any extra advise, tattoos about 3 years old

Cheeks

Fae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

BekkiFae wrote: »
    What's the different in the two lasers in the way that they work? I have a fairly large tatt on my upper back which is just an outline. I'm going to a local place later today to see if they can do it, how many session etc but would assume it's the q-switch. Very interested in any extra advise, tattoos about 3 years old

Cheeks

Fae.

If its just an outline you'll probably have a decent chance of success, anything (bar indian ink) with q-switch seems to take 8 - 12 sessions though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭billyhead

nm wrote: »
    If its just an outline you'll probably have a decent chance of success, anything (bar indian ink) with q-switch seems to take 8 - 12 sessions though.

Can anyone recommend the best place to have a tattoo removed in Dublin. Do they normally all use the same laser and our those laser removal clinics you see on group on or living social deal sites any use

Advertisement