Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't turn off under floor heating with Programmer

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, I have a problem with my home heating. I am unable to turn off the underfloor heating with the Programmer. The heating system is a 3 zone system which runs on oil. Zone 1 is Water, Zone 2 is under floor & Zone 3 is upstairs. The system was running fine til just before Xmas when there was a power cut and since then we can't turn off the heat on Zone 2 by using the Programmer. We have to manually turn off the thermostats in each downstairs room to get the heating to go off. Because of this we can't bring on the heat on timer with the Programmer because when we turn on the heat it won't come on until we turn on a thermostat. Zone 1 & Zone 3 are working ok. Has anybody got any experience of this type of issue? If anybody could give me any advice it would be much appreciated. All the best, BB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Is it a Horstmann H37XL programmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Augusta11

Hi Shane, No its EPH controls cheers BB

Augusta11 wrote: »
    Hi Shane, No its EPH controls cheers BB

It's just I had it before with a Horstmann, power cut blew the internal PCB of the programmer.
    It could well have damaged your programmer but the real way of testing is replacing. No wiring required as the back plate is wired, not the programmer.

You could try pressing the master reset button first to see if that resets it but make note of all your timed programmes as everything will be reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Augusta11

shane0007 wrote: »
    It's just I had it before with a Horstmann, power cut blew the internal PCB of the programmer.
    It could well have damaged your programmer but the real way of testing is replacing. No wiring required as the back plate is wired, not the programmer.

You could try pressing the master reset button first to see if that resets it but make note of all your timed programmes as everything will be reset.

Thanks for the advice. I have tried the master reset but it didn't make any difference. May have to look into getting a new Programmer and hope that sorts it. Thanks again

Augusta11 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I have tried the master reset but it didn't make any difference. May have to look into getting a new Programmer and hope that sorts it. Thanks again

They have a 5 year warranty so depending on when it was installed/bought, you maybe able to obtain a free one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement