Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waiting for a spark

Options
  • 01-10-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I have gone on 3 dates with a guy and so far Im not feeling it. The dates themselves have been pretty short about an hour. Just wondering how long should you give it to see if something develops.
    Conversation has been difficult as I have yet to find an area of interest which doesnt bother me too much as long as he has something he is interested in so far it seems to be just his work. He spends most of the time asking me what i have been up to but doesnt seem to want to continue the converation when I say going to x gig next week just say ive no interest in music.
    Saying that he is a nice guy and seems to be interested in me by always asking me by test to see me again it just seems like hes not when i meet him. there just doesnt seem to be any banter eg he asked him would i look for work closer to where i live and i said had an interview but didnt get it and he spent the next 20mins going on about how unlucky i am I kinda felt in a downer by the end of the date.
    Im no spring chicken am I flogging a dead horse or should I give it more time? Is he just shy or what

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

If ye were getting on well but just lacking a spark I'd say see where it goes, that maybe the spark will happen when ye know each other a bit better. But it sounds like ye have nothing in common and he's hard work to talk to. If this is the case I'd just leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

At this stage I would not expect mere banter or what have you but actual rapport. Go with what you feel. If you want to see if you connect after a little longer than do. Do what you feel for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Sounds like there's nothing there. So, you're better off just cutting your losses and stop trying to force something.

Advertisement