Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair tickets for All Ireland

Options
  • 16-09-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a wheelchair ticket for the All Ireland on Sunday. The tickets come in pairs one for the wheelchair user and one for the helper.
    My local GAA club applied for three pairs but only got one which went to someone more deserving than me.
    Its only the participating counties that can get these tickets.
    If anybody knows where I might have a chance of getting one or knows where there may be one not being used could they pm me..........thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You could try contacting the Irish Wheelchair Association, just on the offchance that they might be able to help.

It's a longshot, but certainly worth a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,846 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You could also try ringing round the various clubs. Not sure where you would get the different numbers but if you had a way to contact the county board secretary, they would have all names and phone numbers for the various clubs.

Come to think of it maybe contact the county board and ask them to get you sorted. Or maybe ring into the Sean Doherty show tomorrow morning.

If I hear of anything myself I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Thanks Muffler, I tried the County Board office but the reply was go to your club secretary which I already have done. I can't understand why the allocation of wheelchair tickets is so small given that the seniors and the minors are taking part.
    I don't know how many wheelchair spaces there are in Croke Park but I do know they run from one end of the Cusack stand and three quarters way round the Davin stand so you would think they shouldn't be that hard to get.

Advertisement