Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenna Gain??

Options
  • 22-08-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

I am considering buying an antenna for my B593s router but I want to know how much will it improve my signal. This is what the signal on my router is showing: RSRP(dBm) -103.

If I buy an antenna with gain values of 5~10dBi what improvement would I expect to see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

A-LPDA-0092:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

BeerWolf wrote: »
    A-LPDA-0092:

Very Impressed with thease antennas, does anyone stock them in Ireland at fair price or can they be ordered direct from south africa also when boosting 02 3G would there be any point in installing 2 of them, one at hor and the other antenna at verticle.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Also interested in this. Just got a Huawei B593. Searches on Amazon and ebay have them at around £100 + delivery.

ranger4 wrote: »
    Very Impressed with thease antennas, does anyone stock them in Ireland at fair price or can they be ordered direct from south africa also when boosting 02 3G would there be any point in installing 2 of them, one at hor and the other antenna at verticle.

As mentioned above, get it off Amazon: LINK

Keep in mind, with the B593s you NEED both antenna slots used for EXTERNAL Antennas, else it'd just function with only the inbuilt and ignore the one external connected... so you'll need to order 2, as well as a bracket ( A-BRKT-030 ) to to hold the 2nd one horizontally... which would be another 30 euros or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Keep in mind, with the B593s you NEED both antenna slots used for EXTERNAL Antennas, else it'd just function with only the inbuilt and ignore the one external connected... so you'll need to order 2, as well as a bracket ( A-BRKT-030 ) to to hold the 2nd one horizontally... which would be another 30 euros or so.

Really? In the posted video above are they not seeing results with just one connected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

i got a 3g router, if anyone is interested, dont use it much, its locked to 3 Ireland. B683

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    Really? In the posted video above are they not seeing results with just one connected?

Guess it's updated the firmware then ;)

Kbeg3 wrote: »

Also thought the same? did hear that software has to be downloaded for B593s router to use external antenna/antennas, Can the B593s model also connect to PC with cat5 along with giving wifi connections AND accept sim card from 02 network?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i'm also considering an external antenna. Interesting article on selecting the right antenna here

Here is a vid of a speed test of 2 more poynting antennas. The first one is the one -=al=- got.

However if you look on Amazon there is 1 review of it and they said it had no effect. I guess its very subjective based on your location, signal scatter, etc

Which model B593 router gives wifi along with wired output to older pc along with accepting 02 modem sim with dual input antenna connections also does router software need update to switch on Exterior antenna/antennas connections?

• Advertisement

ranger4 wrote: »
    Which model B593 router gives wifi along with wired output to older pc along with accepting 02 modem sim with dual input antenna connections also does router software need update to switch on Exterior antenna/antennas connections?

There's numerous Huawei B593s versions... think most of us went with the B593s-22, which does that.

Advertisement