Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Jesus Jones shouldn't start. He isn't good at coming into the fray without a few games under his belt. Raf got the hairdryer of all hairdryers from fergie last week I'd imagine. Likely Smalling or Tony V RB. I'd say for anychance of united winning they should play Park to watch Silva threat. Silva on form is a daunting prospect. Especially at Cashlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

There is no chance whatsoever of Valencia playing right back tonight.
    None.

At all.

And as for playing Park???? Just No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Man United
    Iv a strange feeling jones may start ahead of rafael

I hope not he's been terrible the last few games he's played .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I've a feeling this is gonna be a thumping one way or the other

alproctor wrote: »
    None.

At all.

if both of these things happen you owe me money

Timmyctc wrote: »
    if both of these things happen you owe me money

Deal - bet every penny I have.....
    AND i'd give you 10000/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Team I think we will play tonight

Degea

Valencia
    Evans
    Rio
    Evra

Scholes---Carrick----Jones

Nani
    Rooney or Young

Rooney or Welbeck

Deal - bet every penny I have.....
    AND i'd give you 10000/1

Really??

Fine its a deal. What odds will you give me on just one of those happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Now im excited. Done **** all study all day. That ****e can wait.

Cmon United!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Aguero is currently 9/1 on paddy power to score first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

None.

At all.

Theres a very good chance he'll play there tonight because I think we will go with 3 in midfield so we will need to increase our attcking element from somewhere, Valencia has never left us down defensively when played there and his delivery is so much better than rafael, rafael is also a disaster case waiting to happen.Another reason for playing Valencia there is it will allow us to play Nani on the Right wing where he is so much better and I get a sense his form his returning, that would allow us to play young aswell and Rooney up top on his own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Draw

Thats some price for Aguero to score first

Theres a very good chance he'll play there tonight because I think we will go with 3 in midfield so we will need to increase our attcking element from somewhere, Valencia has never left us down defensively when played there and his delivery is so much better than rafael, rafael is also a disaster case waiting to happen.Another reason for playing Valencia there is it will allow us to play Nani on the Right wing where he is so much better and I get a sense his form his returning, that would allow us to play young aswell and Rooney up top on his own

Everything this guy just said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

7/1 now. That cut quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

him and rooney to score anytime = 9/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United
    Fizman wrote: »
    7/1 now. That cut quick.

It was a Power Play, so only lasted so long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

One of the lads in work got that Rooney first scorer, United to win 2-1 deal at 60-1 in-store with PP. Even €2 would be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man United

It is highly unlikely Valencia will start at right back tonight as he has no left foot, that has caused him problems everytime he has played right back and frankly it is a waste of one of our most productive attacking players.

The only way you see him right back is if United are chasing the game and Nani or Young (whichever doesnt start) comes on and he may leave Val on but shift him to right back in that case.

I would be more surprised to see Valencia start at right back then I would be to see Ronaldo return to United this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Why would we start with Val at RB? It makes zero sense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

This makes a lot of sense but I just can't see it happening. Valencia is too good an attacking option to remove from the midfeild and playing right back behind him must be a pleasure because if you do venture forward you better believe he will have you covered. Raf at RB with instructions to venture forward very rarely and not until we have a lead with Tony in midfeild and Nani on the bench is what I can see from the outset.

Then again its Fergie, he has made some really unpredictable team selections this season so expect the unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Valencia offers so much in that he is constantly forward and occupying their fullback. He is an out ball, more so than any other United player, on so many occasions in big matches that it would be madness to play him at RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

how about wait an hour and find out instead of discussing it at such great lengths ;)

Man United
    Let's play Young at Lb and Park Lw shall we cause Evra is a disaster waiting to happen .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

DDG

Rafael--Rio---Evans---Evra

---Scholes--Carrick--Giggs--

Valencia
    Nani

Rooney

Just don't see how he can go any other way apart from a change or two at the back. Going with both Welbeck and Rooney in a MF 2 would be suicidal iyam.

jive wrote: »
    how about wait an hour and find out instead of discussing it at such great lengths ;)

The whole idea of boards is to discuss such things. How else can we all fuel our "I'm as much a tactical genius as Fergie" delusion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What fun will that be :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Only an hour and a half to go…………………nnnnnnnnnngigitty giggity gooooo!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The whole idea of boards is to discuss such things. How else can we all fuel our "I'm as much a tactical genius as Fergie" delusion :D
    What fun will that be :pac:

fine I'll spoil it for ye. Valencia will start on the wing, Rafael at right back. I'm never wrong

(in b4 i'm quoted as being wrong after the team sheet comes out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

574912_446321165384216_100000190085547_1855465_1950595060_n.jpg

:D:D

fine I'll spoil it for ye. Valencia will start on the wing, Rafael at right back. I'm never wrong

(in b4 i'm quoted as being wrong after the team sheet comes out)

What about the rest of the starting 11? Your playing it way to safe there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Draw
    I asked lad in work earlier was he looking forward to Manchester derby tonight and he said: “Sounds like a boring game. United should easily beat Derby.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I have this built up in my head as a 3-2 end to end stuff match, with penos and sendings off, great saves and the woodwork being rattled a few times, last min winner, Manager scuffle, half time tunnel bust-up and even a streaker.....:D:D

I fear I have set myself up for disappointment

(waits for boring 0-0 draw where the midfields cancel each other out)

Away to the pub - this thread should make interesting reading at one o clock in the morning!!!

Come on.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

One hour

tumblr_m1t6pkJf281r5xk72.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

#MCFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kompany (c), Lescott, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Draw
    Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kompany (c), Lescott, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Panic time :(

funny-gifs-can-sponges-hyperventilate.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Draw
    Oh, and everyone, let's make it a good thread. We could all do without the hassle of rubbish coming up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No Richards for City is always a good thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

G.K. wrote: »
    Oh, and everyone, let's make it a good thread. We could all do without the hassle of rubbish coming up.

Best get this out of the way early so: (from Facebook)

Ugly scenes outside the Etihad Stadium...................... Lescott and Tevez have just arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Draw
    City 2-1 Aguero twice, and Rooney once with a streaker in the sixties.

Giggs starting...

Giggs
    Park
    Carrick
    Nani

all start

Valencia on the bench

WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

MANCHESTER UNITED: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, A. Young, Welbeck, Rooney

Man United
    jambofc wrote: »
    MANCHESTER UNITED: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, A. Young, Welbeck, Rooney

thats wrong anyway

• Advertisement

jambofc wrote: »
    No
    De Gea, Evra, Rio, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Giggs, Carrick, Nani, Scholes, rooney

Well, that's our title gone. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Draw
    Zabaleta will hopefully be got at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

#MUFC Official team: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Rooney
    Blatter wrote: »
    De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Giggs, Park, Rooney

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Draw
    #MUFC Official team: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Rooney

rabble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Draw
    Park and Giggs. This could be awful

• Advertisement
Advertisement