Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lie Government Press Release re legislation before the Dáil

Options
  • 28-05-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I'd really like to post this thread here. My concern is that the Government issued a Press Release on 4th May which stated that a new Bill they were publishing did not deal with certain matters. The Press Release is given at this link.
    http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR12000128

The published Bill does deal with certain matters, reclassifying offences.
    http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Criminal%20Justice%20%28Spent%20Convictions%29%20Bill%202012-P&C.pdf/Files/Criminal%20Justice%20%28Spent%20Convictions%29%20Bill%202012-P&C.pdf

I don't want to start a discussion on the Bill. It's the lie in the Press Release that concerns me. This Government has only been in power for just over a year and they feel free to tell an obvious lie, without any worry that it will clearly be found out. Legislation before the Dáil is a public matter which we all have a right to know about.

My previous attempt to start a thread on this was removed to legal discussion although the legal issues are not what I want to discuss. The move might have been OK, if it had been possible to start a discussion, but 24 hours later the thread is locked with no reason given.

I would appreciate it if the thread could stay here with a focus on the lie in the Press Release. It's bad enough that the Government suppresses debate - we should at least be free to disuss the issue here.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

What "certain matters"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Thread already moved to Legal Issues afaik

Cheers

DrG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement