Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering to Vote

Options
  • 11-09-2014 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey, I turned 18 during during the Summer and want to register to vote, I just have a few questions. Do I need to include my parents names etc. on the RFA form or just my own and does one need to present I.D. when dropping in the form. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

To be on the safe side include all names in the household. No you dont need ID.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

How do you prove your eligibility to vote? since they don't ask for your PPSN or copy of passport...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeterJC!

How do you prove your eligibility to vote? since they don't ask for your PPSN or copy of passport...?

You don't to bring ID or anything when you're dropping in the form, but when you go to vote I'm pretty sure you will need some sort of ID just to show that you are who you say you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

PeterJC! wrote: »
    You don't to bring ID or anything when you're dropping in the form, but when you go to vote I'm pretty sure you will need some sort of ID just to show that you are who you say you are.

What prevents me from being an American or australian or other non irish non UK non EU person filling out that form and showing up on referendum or other polling day with my irish drivers license?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

What prevents me from being an American or australian or other non irish non UK non EU person filling out that form and showing up on referendum or other polling day with my irish drivers license?

Place of birth is on the driving licence. If it is other than Ireland, you may be asked for proof of citizenship.

• Advertisement
Advertisement