Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Political Compass

Options
  • 24-05-2012 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

While I was browsing the internet rather recently I came across this site:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

There are many features of this site, but by far (imo) the most interesting is the "Take a Test" option in the top left. Basically you answer a series of questions and then the site gives you your "Political Compass", that is, how Left or Right you are on the spectrum, but also how Libertarian/Authoritarian you are too. The test is pretty comprehensive, and it gives you your result at its conclusion. For example, Stalin would be far left and very authoritarian. Minus numbers denote Left and Libertarian leanings, whereas positive numbers denote Right and Authoritarian leanings respectively. It is always a value between 0 and 10, plus or minus.

Don't know if anyone here is aware of this site but just thought it would be interesting to have a thread dedicated to people's "political compasses" (a place where people could post what results they got in the test). So take the test and post your results here! :)

So I guess I'll start. Here is my political compass:
    pcgraphpng.php?ec=-7.75&soc=-3.23
    I am Left -7.75 and Libertarian -3.23 so apparently I'm as Left wing as Stalin -_-

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD COMMENT:
    Please be advised that there is a Political Compass mega-thread started by nesf. The last post was a few months back on 5 November 2011. You may wish to use the search for Politics before starting a similar topic in the future.

LOCKED.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement