Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Pistol

Options
  • 22-12-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Ladies and gents,
    I'm after a sports pistol .22lr most likely Benelli MP90S or Morini CM22M most likely used but wont rule out new yet lol.
    Anyone know of any here in Ireland for sale or RFD who deal in sports pistols or am I looking at bringing in from Europe ?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Bringing in a pistol from Germany isn't (or at least wasn't) that difficult. They have to be sent to a firearms dealer as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nope,you can get it delivered straight to your home address. via courier.Just make sure you are home to sign for it in person.

Its no big deal. Find what you are looking for.Get serial number etc,go and apply for liscense,get granted.Apply to DOJ for import liscense.Send ORIGINAL and a photocopy of your personal ID along with your payment to German dealer.Wait for German police to stamp paperwork for export.This takes a tad longer than our DOJ,about 14/21 days. Get notified by German dealer when it is being shipped.Arrives here within 24/48 hours.Sign off courier,drool over it for awhile.Go shooting..:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭clivej

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Nope,you can get it delivered straight to your home address. via courier.Just make sure you are home to sign for it in person.

Its no big deal. Find what you are looking for.Get serial number etc,go and apply for liscense,get granted.Apply to DOJ for import liscense.Send ORIGINAL and a photocopy of your personal ID along with your payment to German dealer.Wait for German police to stamp paperwork for export.This takes a tad longer than our DOJ,about 14/21 days. Get notified by German dealer when it is being shipped.Arrives here within 24/48 hours.Sign off courier,drool over it for awhile.Go shooting..:)

The biggest problem with this is the waiting time to get a license issued for your firearm (if you ever get one) and the German dealer waiting that long for it to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭clivej

Also put the AW93 on your list

clivej wrote: »
    Also put the AW93 on your list

I have seen, handled and shot the aw93, its a great pistol, but expensive compared to the walthers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Thanks guys for the info, haven't ruled out the AW or pardini yet either I know a guy after importing an AW so will have to see how it handles. I have seen pistols on a few European sites but haven't contacted any yet

clivej wrote: »
    The biggest problem with this is the waiting time to get a license issued for your firearm (if you ever get one) and the German dealer waiting that long for it to come through.

Make sure you emphaise that point with them,and that the serial number has to be the same as your Irish import liscense and cert IOW the gun you apply for has to have the same serial number....However,the Germans being abit more up on customer relations,and having more stringent customer rights,will gladly in most cases refund deposits,as they dont play this storage fee game,as it is virtually unheard of people leaving in guns for storage in gun dealers.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Years ago when the pistols came back, a dealer i know ordered three pistols from germany for customers. He dealt from home, he came home from work one day and there were three parcels sitting in his unlocked porch, three pistols just sitting there !

Can't blame an post for that one...After all, with no customs checks,more or less, on internal EU mail,and the package is hardly going to have "HANDGUN" written on the package.:pac:.What was the postman to do??:)

Nowadays it is a courier item between EU countries,and if the EU has it's way you can pop down to the local AGS station to collect it too!! As they do in Spain for any firearms or parts.:eek:

if the EU has it's way you can pop down to the local AGS station to collect it too!! As they do in Spain for any firearms or parts.:eek:

I don't like the sound of that. How many guns have ags misplaced ? I recall a pistol being left on the roof of a car, where some old boy out walking his dog found it and popped it into the local station. Anyway i know in some large stations in dublin, if anything is handed in or found during a search, they don't have anywhere to store them, so they are immediately sent to the local rfd for destruction.

• Advertisement

Thats the joy of unelected burrocrats making up gun legislation and not having a clue on how this will be implemented on the national level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Grizzly 45 - those are some of the truest and most damning words I've seen written on this forum.

tac

Advertisement