Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring tablet to canada

Options
  • 13-05-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello I am moving to canada and am currently having a debate weather i can bring my tablet over the argument is that if i buy it over here that because of voltage difference that i will blow the tablet as soon as i plug it in over there. I feel that this is wrong as personal tablets are brought all over the world daily and that this would not happen, so...If i brought my samsung tablet with me to canada would plugging it in over there cause it any damage ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hello I am moving to canada and am currently having a debate weather i can bring my tablet over the argument is that if i buy it over here that because of voltage difference that i will blow the tablet as soon as i plug it in over there. I feel that this is wrong as personal tablets are brought all over the world daily and that this would not happen, so...If i brought my samsung tablet with me to canada would plugging it in over there cause it any damage ?

Thank you

I would imagine it would be ok to use the plug sockets in Canada to charge it. I charged my nexus 10 and 7 in many countries all over Europe with no problems. obviously you would need an adaptor to fit the sockets in Canada.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I used a samsung tablet during the month I was in Canada a while back, it was fine.

The adapter I used set the voltage iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

'twill be grand OP. All you need is a charger that will take the usb connection. They're cheap as chips, even in Canada!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

You just need an adapter for the socket. My tablet, phone and laptop all charged perfectly over there a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

It should say on the back of the tablet, or you can google it, 110-240volts. the 110 being state side among others. I think canada works the same voltage. so it shouldnt be a problem to charge it once you get the correct usb plug

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

daytob wrote: »
    It should say on the back of the tablet, or you can google it, 110-240volts. the 110 being state side among others. I think canada works the same voltage. so it shouldnt be a problem to charge it once you get the correct usb plug

You don't need a new usb plug, just a travel adaptor. I've a four way adaptor that works all over the world and I just plug my tablet plug into that, then the adaptor into the wall.

Cost me about ten dollars in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

List Price: $9.99

Price: $1.88 + $2.88 shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Mains-Charger-iTouch-iPhone/dp/B00CP2RWNY

Advertisement