Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITV HD no longer working on Sky

Options
  • 18-02-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

I have the SkyHD and have had itvhd on other channels for a long while

I went to watch the match tonight but the channel wasn't working
    I had to tune in utv hd instead

Any ideas?

Is Sky stopping irish viewers getting itv hd and forcing them to go to utv hd instesad?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ITV HD working perfect for me here

Make sure you have the right frequency etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

ITV HD moved frequency

It can be added again by using the following

V
    2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Thanks for replies

I tried to rescan
    entered 11097 and the V but I don't have the choice to enter 23. I only have 22 or 27.5

Help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

I looked at an old thread and saw this

Go to services, add channels and type in,
    10.832 H 22000 5/6 itv1HD

it worked thanks

I could only find UTV HD, none of all the older ones work for me at all.

Here's the workaround for UTV HD

Try 11.053 H 22.0 5/6 Previous frequency has changed....again. This one gives you UTV HD works fine for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Itv hd moved to the new satellite astra 2 f yesterday and as a result the frequency for itv hd can not be tuned in on a sky hd box because sky boxes have a symbol rate of 27.5 and 22.0. Itv hd uses symbol rate 23.0 which the sky box does not have. More itv regions are due to make the move over in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭grottyblotty

Same here happened as you yesterday, and I followed what you did, and the same thing happened, but as I went down the replies I see we in R.O.I (if you are from R.O.I) that Sky is no longer with ITV 1Hd (thanks for telling us SKY!) So we now have UTV HD instead, hay ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

but as I went down the replies I see we in R.O.I (if you are from R.O.I) that Sky is no longer with ITV 1Hd (thanks for telling us SKY!) So we now have UTV HD instead, hay ho.

Sky in the Irish Republic never were "with" ITV [1] HD.

They used to advertise that it could be tuned in via other channels but this is not the same as having it.

We don't have UTV HD on Sky Ireland either as it happens.

There was nothing for Sky to tell "us" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

ITV, BBC etc, advise Sky and Freesat of the freq changes/moves (that they have agreed with the satellite operator) so that the EPG guides can be updated and the channel change is seamless. Sky have amended the EPG freq for ITV. As we don't have ITV on the EPG in ROI but tuned into 'other channels' that's why we noticed.

BUT, as said by radiowaves, in this case Sky aren't the bad guys... for once :eek: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Some details of the move here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭khumbu

MBSnr wrote: »
    in this case Sky aren't the bad guys... for once :eek: ;)

Are TV3 the bad guys? As they objected to UTV/ITV epg listing on sky.
    Will anyone in BAI/sky listen to their objections regarding UTV Ireland?

khumbu wrote: »
    Are TV3 the bad guys? As they objected to UTV/ITV epg listing on sky.
    Will anyone in BAI/sky listen to their objections regarding UTV Ireland?

Ermm... I'm talking about ITV changing their TP details and people blaming Sky for the issue when clearly it is nothing to do with them (Sky).

What you're on about, I'm not so sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ermm... I'm talking about ITV changing their TP details and people blaming Sky for the issue when clearly it is nothing to do with them (Sky).

What you're on about, I'm not so sure...

Perhaps it has something to do with the new agreement between Sky and ITV over retransmission fees and sky EPG listings.

jester77 wrote: »
    Perhaps it has something to do with the new agreement between Sky and ITV over retransmission fees and sky EPG listings.

Perhaps but this thread was about ITV HD no longer working on a Sky box via 'other channels' and some blaming Sky for the reason.

What TV3, UTV Ireland and BAI have to do with the transponder change and quite why they were mentioned by the poster is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

UTV is currently on 11.053H. It's the only UK channel 3 HD variant remaining that can be tuned in manually on a Sky+HD box. The format is currently DVB-S and the symbol rate (SR) is 22000 (22.0 on a Sky box), FEC 5/6. It's best to tune it in now and wait to see what happens.

It too may switch to a DVB-S2 format, but if it doesn't change frequency, you'll still receive it via Other Channels.

However, if a channel changes both frequency and format (to DVB-S2), you're buggered, as a Sky+HD box can't manually tune these channels in because the required SR of 23000 is not available to be selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ODuill

We are truly buggered, watching the X-Factor in SD, I might as well tune to TV3

"There have been no changes as yet to the UTV HD transponder position. This is expected to change in the coming weeks, as further changes to the "Channel 3" stations on satellite continue. The changes to ITV HD on satellite will mean that Sky viewers in the UTV regions will no longer be able to manually tune in ITV HD via their receiver, due to technical limitations of the Sky HD box."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I would imagine that eventually(not sure when)all uk tv channels will be in hd only and also not tuneable on a sky box , making it a bit awkward for people who subscribe to sky(and there's a lot of them here) to get their fix of standard sky package channels and the "once free to view" uk channels on the same box.

Frustrating times ahead maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They will have to ask themselves how much they like those UK channels not available to them anymore. There is a very easy solution to getting those HD channels and it is using a non Sky HD receiver. Two boxes sitting side by side doing what they're supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

lertsnim wrote: »
    They will have to ask themselves how much they like those UK channels not available to them anymore. There is a very easy solution to getting those HD channels and it is using a non Sky HD receiver. Two boxes sitting side by side doing what they're supposed to do.
    They will also have the choice of UTV via Saorview (eventually).

This is a perfect example of why we still need terrestrial broadcasting under our own control rather than putting everything on foreign controlled satellites.

• Advertisement

This is a perfect example of why we still need terrestrial broadcasting under our own control rather than putting everything on foreign controlled satellites.

Not sure I follow here. RTE is on Saorview under our 'own control'. Saorsat is on satellite @9E, again under 'our control'. ITV is foreign on a foreign controlled satellite.

Are you referring to RTE carried at Astra 28E?

Also UTV Ireland on Saroview isn't going to show the England game (for example) as per ITV. Or at least I can't imagine it would due to rights issues and the predictable "How is it the English game is free to watch but the Irish one is on Sky..."

There are those who argue we don't need terrestrial because satellite is a cheaper more reliable alternative. NO satellite signal is under our control. The satellite operators can pull the plug on anyone any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Also UTV Ireland on Saroview isn't going to show the England game (for example) Or at least I can't imagine it would due to rights issues and the predictable "How is it the English game is free to watch but the Irish one is on Sky..."[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not, it wont cost UTV much more to buy "32 county" rights for the programmes they buy from ITV. I could be wrong, but apart from news and current affairs programmes , I cant see the UTV Ireland schedule being much different from the UTV NI schedule. Also, a one off payment for a Freesat PVR box, sitting along side your Sky box and you can have all the ITV regions you want, in HD and recordable, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

watching utv hd and the blue description bar wont go away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I had this issue last week and it was happening on several channels in the "other channels". I came to the conclusion that it was only happening with the channels that were in HD.

I was going to show this to the missus later on that night but it was working fine then. I think the box and tv may have been switched off for a while so try rebooting the box and that may possibly sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you try pressing back up ? Same happens to me on the other channels section

Are the ITV HD channels (2,3,& 4) subscription only?

galtee boy wrote: »
    I don't see why not, it wont cost UTV much more to buy "32 county" rights for the programmes they buy from ITV. I could be wrong, but apart from news and current affairs programmes , I cant see the UTV Ireland schedule being much different from the UTV NI schedule. Also, a one off payment for a Freesat PVR box, sitting along side your Sky box and you can have all the ITV regions you want, in HD and recordable, problem solved.

I'd like to see it happen, and let's hope it does. ITV have the home and away England game rights until 2018. Sky have Ireland's. So there's bound to be those who will kick off about it, if it does, as it beams in for free into their sitting room....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Are the ITV HD channels (2,3,& 4) subscription only?

Yes, subscription in uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'd like to see it happen, and let's hope it does. ITV have the home and away England game rights until 2018. Sky have Ireland's. So there's bound to be those who will kick off about it, if it does, as it beams in for free into their sitting room....

There isn't an audience here for England matches. It would be lunacy for UTV to buy the rights for the 26 counties. I don't think they could anyway.

Advertisement