Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Synaps TSHD 2870+ Combo Receiver

• 10-02-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Strange problem with decoder. I can't recieve sky news on this decoder or CNN.
    New dish and lined up perfect. Stations coming in perfect but can't get sky news even when I scan 12207
    Must be a setting but new to this decoder. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

What kind of signal quality are you getting on the tps in question? (12207 V, SR 27500 for Sky News, 12051 V, SR 27500 for CNN.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thetechman

I installed with a horizon satellite meter and was getting 98% quality

Is the box getting other high band channels, say something like Men & Movies?

Yes
    What I was missing was sky news. CNN. Vintage tv and clubland tv.

If there's a good signal on the relevant frequencies, I can't see what the problem could be. I'd doubt there's anything special about the way the Synaps box handles channel scans.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Will have another look at it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

How do you find the box? Is it ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

Del007 wrote: »
    How do you find the box? Is it ok?

same here would like to hear the feedback on this combo, great price €60 for a combo box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

No doubt a software issue.

The preconfigured satellite lists. Is there one for 28.5 and one for 28.2 ?

If so manually scan the transponders on 28.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Has anyone got any feedback on this receiver , it looks very good for the price ~60 euro.
    Is the firmware decent ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Zardoz wrote: »
    Has anyone got any feedback on this receiver , it looks very good for the price ~60 euro.
    Is the firmware decent ?

I have one of these. Very basic but defo does the job. Haven't used it in a couple of months but the few weeks I used it worked very well (replaced it with free sky for 6 months then I'll go back to it)

I have one of these. Very basic but defo does the job. Haven't used it in a couple of months but the few weeks I used it worked very well (replaced it with free sky for 6 months then I'll go back to it)
    Thanks ,sounds good so.
    Is recording and lip sync ok on it,did you notice any bugs or quirks when you were using it?

Thanks ,sounds good so.
    Is recording and lip sync ok on it,did you notice any bugs or quirks when you were using it?

I never recorded from it being honest. But everything else was fine on it. I was running it through a HD ready tv and picture quality was grand. My Ma is gonna change to freeview / saorview and I'm gonna get her a couple of these. There's a triax in the house already but I find the synaps much easier to use and update

I never recorded from it being honest. But everything else was fine on it. I was running it through a HD ready tv and picture quality was grand. My Ma is gonna change to freeview / saorview and I'm gonna get her a couple of these. There's a triax in the house already but I find the synaps much easier to use and update
    Thanks for that info,I will buy one so ,for 60 euro you cant really go wrong.

Zardoz

The next model up is £49 with free post.

http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Digital-Receivers-Synaps/c46_177/p817/Synaps-TSHD-2875-DVB-S/S2-+-DVB-T-Combo-MPEG2/MPEG4-Digital-Receiver/product_info.html

SYNAPS.JPG

The have no ethernet port or wifi (neither of them). Very plasticky looking (especially the remote).

There is also a very cheap Orton out there at the moment for less again.

STB wrote: »
    Zardoz

The next model up is £49 with free post.

http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Digital-Receivers-Synaps/c46_177/p817/Synaps-TSHD-2875-DVB-S/S2-+-DVB-T-Combo-MPEG2/MPEG4-Digital-Receiver/product_info.html

SYNAPS.JPG

They have no ethernet port or wifi (neither of them). Very plasticky looking (especially the remote).

There is also a very cheap Orton out there at the moment for less again.

Thanks STB,that looks a great deal.
    I'm not worried about an ethernet port ,its for a relation who has no broadband anyway so he wont be missing out.

He was looking for a Saorview box but I may as well get him this instead for almost the same price.
    Is the Orton the x110 ? Cant seem to find it available in many places .
    Next box up would be the Ferguson 150 but thats almost 30 euro more.

Thanks STB,that looks a great deal.
    I'm not worried about an ethernet port ,its for a relation who has no broadband anyway so he wont be missing out.

He was looking for a Saorview box but I may as well get him this instead for almost the same price.
    Is the Orton the x110 ? Cant seem to find it available in many places .
    Next box up would be the Ferguson 150 but thats almost 30 euro more.

Yes (Globo/Orton/Opticum -all the same). Its made by one manufacturer in Shenzhen (you'll find it googling). They are €22ea unit from the factory, who do sell direct (satsklep are selling it at double that). But @ €22 you would have to pay for post on top of that, which doubles it probably. Unless you are bringing in a load of them and selling them it would not be worth your while. (there is a crowd doing €299 all installed deals at the moment, that's how they were making money on it - no doubt you saw the thread.........)

Those Synaps boxes, dont know the OEM (I suspect its Skysun) and dont know the chipset, so any problems and support will be limited.

Yes (Globo/Orton/Opticum -all the same). Its made by one manufacturer in Shenzhen (you'll find it googling). They are €22ea unit from the factory, who do sell direct (satsklep are selling it at double that). But @ €22 you would have to pay for post on top of that, which doubles it probably. Unless you are bringing in a load of them and selling them it would not be worth your while.

22 euro each,thats crazy cheap .
    Not sure I'd buy an Orton box again ,I have an x403p but its goosed ,it just displays 00:00 on the display.
    (there is a crowd doing €299 all installed deals at the moment, that's how they were making money on it - no doubt you saw the thread.........)

Havent seen that thread but even a decent Ferguson Combo box allows a decent profit @ 299 euro .

Those x403s seems to have been manufactured everywhere.

You should be able to recover it with a null modem cable. Sounds like corrupt software. I am sure an openbox tool would work on it. You are looking for the latest firmware and Ali3602 EromUpgrade tool.

The eh X110 boxes.....and that thread

I identified it by the brief glimpses on the youtube video they had up.

Now that I think of it I am nearly sure that those Orton's are the same software/boards as the Synaps.

Those x403s seems to have been manufactured everywhere.

You should be able to recover it with a null modem cable. Sounds like corrupt software. I am sure an openbox tool would work on it. You are looking for the latest firmware and Ali3602 EromUpgrade tool.
    I tried that numerous times but I get a "stb memory error".
    The box isn't responding.

I thought it was a power supply issue as it was buzzing alot so i replaced it with a new one but the error is still the same.
    I think the memory is goosed.

• Advertisement

I tried that numerous times but I get a "stb memory error".
    The box isn't responding.

I thought it was a power supply issue as it was buzzing alot so i replaced it with a new one but the error is still the same.
    I think the memory is goosed.

See that error message, you are using the wrong loader/recovery software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

not a bad receiver gets all the channels inc rte 1 rte 2 tv3 etc not bad for 60 euros if want something better look at the ferguson 252 combo dearer though

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

jacob2 wrote: »
    not a bad receiver gets all the channels inc rte 1 rte 2 tv3 etc not bad for 60 euros if want something better look at the ferguson 252 combo dearer though

Not too bad if your sitting within 4 foot of the receiver. Try using the remote control further away or not within direct line of sight to the front of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nascar

Any chance that somebody has a spare user manual for this receiver.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

nascar wrote: »
    Any chance that somebody has a spare user manual for this receiver.

Thanks

Did the originally come with one ? Try emailing them. Dont see a PDF. Bear in mind they are hungarian. http://www.synaps.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nascar

Bought a second hand one, cant find one online myself. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alansmithire

Anyone have a problem playing USB on this box. I am not getting an error saying media format not supported. I tried several memory sticks but its not working. I restored to factory settings but still no luck.

Anyone have a problem playing USB on this box. I am not getting an error saying media format not supported. I tried several memory sticks but its not working. I restored to factory settings but still no luck.

What format is the file you're trying to play?

Advertisement