Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky-Some channels not working

Options
  • 03-09-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm having problems with some channels on sky. C4, E4, More 4 and BBC1&2 are all either very badly pixelated or not being received.
    I also recently had an issue with my sky where I had a fault occurring when I turn on the box. I was getting a message about a technical fault so the sky engineer first replaced the dish and LNB and then came back to replace the HD box.
    So I have a new box, new dish in a better repositioned location and the signal tests are perfect but I still have this pixelation problem.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do to sort this out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cordless phone or base station near the box? When mine is too close those channels break up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Donie75

That's interesting. My cordless phone is beside the wireless router and sky HD box.
    I'll see if that works.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

bit unrelated but don't want to start a new thread...

is bbc4 (SD) included on basic sky tv package. I assumed it would be when i signed up yesterday but don't see it in the channel list on their website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BBC 3 and BBC 4 are numbers 210 and 211.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

thanks for that - they are on the epg and recordable so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Yes BBC3 & 4 are recordable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Donie75

I'm still having trouble with this. It seems to be confined to BBC1HD and BBC2HD but the standard BBC2 is fine.
    I googled the issue and there are loads of posts on various forums but no real solutions.
    Has anyone had any luck sorking this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dish has shifted most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

As above or even the lnb not being skewed correctly could cause an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

We have been having the same issues for the last 2/3 weeks, plan on calling them today as it's very annoying. We also lost internet for over a week and they didn't even call to see if the problem had been rectified, nor apply the so called compensation they mentioned on one of the several calls my other half had to make to them to try sort out the internet... Bad customer service from Sky I think..

• Advertisement
Advertisement