Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

kryogen wrote: »
    Where did he say that?

We did try sign him sure, he choose Madrid, I thought it was the wrong decision but he has really come on under JM so would obviously be open to the possibility of him joining, don't ever actually see it happening though and don't believe United have really tried to sign him the last 3 out of 4 seasons, all these French lads love to talk don't they!

I seen it on the Sky Sports twitter feed. Presume it's on their website too. Like everything else, whether the quotes are accurate or not is another thing.

Says on their site that the quotes come from The Sun so probably not a whole lot of truth behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Where did he say that?

We did try sign him sure, he choose Madrid, I thought it was the wrong decision but he has really come on under JM so would obviously be open to the possibility of him joining, don't ever actually see it happening though and don't believe United have really tried to sign him the last 3 out of 4 seasons, all these French lads love to talk don't they!

We tried to sign him that summer and the following January when the Madrid move didn't seem to be working. After that, there's no confirmation either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah I read it myself there (the Benzema thing) he says we tried to sign him the last 3 or 4 years!

Mad if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Surely he would only know if Madrid were considering accepting our offer and asked was he interested, because if we spoke to him directly would that not be classed as tapping up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

VW 1 wrote: »
    Surely he would only know if Madrid were considering accepting our offer and asked was he interested, because if we spoke to him directly would that not be classed as tapping up?

you can't tap up players in other countries, only domestically. it is no ggood behavior, but there is nothing illegal with it as Uefa don't have rules set down for it, so there are no rules broken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

markc1184 wrote: »
    I see Benzema has come out and said United have tried to sign him for each of the last 3 or 4 seasons. He has really come on in the last couple of seasons with Real. Would have liked to see him sign when he left Lyon.

Is that including his time with Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Des wrote: »
    Phil Jones behind Carrick in that formation would be like a boss tbh.

Duncan Edwardsing it all over the place
    That awkward moment when you can't tell if somebody is serious or trolling :(

you can't tap up players in other countries, only domestically. it is no ggood behavior, but there is nothing illegal with it as Uefa don't have rules set down for it, so there are no rules broken.

That's something I never knew, so it's something that would be frowned upon rather than being against the rules? Any reason why it's just the PL that enforce this rule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Samich wrote: »
    Is that including his time with Madrid?

Well the last 3 of 4 years would include his Madrid time alright. Thats the way ive taken it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

markc1184 wrote: »
    Well the last 3 of 4 years would include his Madrid time alright. Thats the way ive taken it anyway.

Benzema is certainly a Fergie type player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I don't trust Jones yet fully as a centre back.
    I think he could make a great DCM though.

I don't know yet if Jones is best as a centre back right back or midfielder, i do think we will look back and say what we paid was a bargain for the footballer we got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

i do think we will look back and say what we paid was a bargain for the footballer we got.

Ye and he is just 20 years old. Plenty of room for improvement :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

God, I want De Rossi so much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

titan18 wrote: »
    Whatever you're into.

Personal Issues is that way dude!
    >

No wait, that way

<

Whatever you're into.
    Personal Issues is that way dude!
    >

No wait, that way

<

Ye know what I meant :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ye know what I meant :p
    Oh I know what you mean....

wink_gif.gif

lol @ Balotelli

• Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Quandary

Modric was very good tonight, I wonder will we make a bid at some stage this summer....

• Advertisement

Oh I know what you mean....

wink_gif.gif

Daniele+De+Rossi+Roma+v+SS+Lazio+Tim+Cup+Kgy6j2CzFZhl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Daniele+De+Rossi+Roma+v+SS+Lazio+Tim+Cup+Kgy6j2CzFZhl.jpg

You prefer him is it?

Keno 92 wrote: »
    You prefer him is it?

de_rossi_dive.gif

Goes down a lot ;)

But,ya, in seriousness, De Rossi was spectacular today I thought. Would be a great player to buy even if it's a bit unrealistic

De Rossi was apparently available last summer for 8 million, I was banging on about him then and I would still take him now, but not for big money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

De Rossi was apparently available last summer for 8 million, I was banging on about him then and I would still take him now, but not for big money.

That performance from him tonight was brilliant. As long as he calms down against us he'll be fine. Superb player

Man I just love the theme tune to Friday Night Lights (The Series)

I love Tim Riggins

*Giggles*
    tim+riggins.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

yiou gay kneo!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    yiou gay kneo!

Yeah kneo is pretty homosexual. Haven't seen him in ages though.

• Advertisement

Riggins is a hero!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement