Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B593 Router and Vodafone 4G- Anyone get this working

Options
  • 26-07-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi

I purchased an unlocked B593 -22 on amazon. Got a PAYG sim off vodafone.
    The sim can access the internet in another device so it works.
    Cannot get it working in the B593 however. Tried the APN that comes with the SIM. Tried alternations on this where i left the user name blank and password blank. Tried live.vodafone.com - but nothing works.

Furhertest i got was attempting a manual scan where it lists the 4G networks it can find - vodafone,3 - however when i click the register button- everytime i get back it failed to register on network.

Anyone got one of these working? or have suggestions - possibly on the APN settings

The device is have is a Huawei Lte CPE B593

Note: if buying from Amazon it appears these are coming stright out of China as the device wifi band was setup for China.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

john_doe. wrote: »
    Hi

Cannot get it working in the B593 however. Tried the APN that comes with the SIM. Tried alternations on this where i left the user name blank and password blank. Tried live.vodafone.com - but nothing works.

Furhertest i got was attempting a manual scan where it lists the 4G networks it can find - vodafone,3 - however when i click the register button- everytime i get back it failed to register on network.

Anyone got one of these working? or have suggestions - possibly on the APN settings

Note: if buying from Amazon it appears these are coming stright out of China as the device wifi band was setup for China.

the payg sim is only 3G enabled spoke to Vodafone tech support- needs to be bill pay for 4G connection.

I did get connected to 3G via the router

does not work with Vodafone 4G network-

purchased a bill pay sim on 30 day contract- will not connect -
    spent an hour on phone to tech support- eventually they got annoyed-
    from what they indicated the 4G network somehow restricts the devices it allows to connect to it and will not let the router authenticate.

In summary:
    PAYG SIM works on 3G with device
    Bill pay does not work.

Sending this back to the seller as the B593 is now useless to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I have Huawei Lte CPE B593 on Vodafone Prepay broadband. Get 4G, 140mb+ down. No issues at all. Just popped in the sim and I was good to go.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I have Huawei Lte CPE B593 on Vodafone Prepay broadband. Get 4G, 140mb+ down. No issues at all. Just popped in the sim and I was good to go.

how in the be-jesus did you get it working - must be my sim.
    what type of sim card have you and what is the data package- i was told i could not get a PAYG sim for 4G.

My PAYG sim gets 3G, my bill pay gets nothing.
    Do you use a mobile broadband sim ?

what are the APN settings please please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Got a standard prepay sim in a vodafone store. Topped up by €20. Rang Vodafone customer care and said I was going to use it in a dongle. She changed it over to broadband sim and used the €20 to buy the 7.5GB top up.

I did no other configuration at all. I don't have the device with me but 99% sure the APN was hs.vodafone.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

If you add an apn with auto in name leave apn username and password blank and authentication none

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

john_doe. wrote: »
    Hi

How do you get list of networks? Also how did you change wifi band

Advertisement