Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G USB dongle Dashboard via IP ?

Options
  • 24-07-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭

Just had a CS operator from Meteor tell me I could check the usage of a 3G dongle that's attached to a 3G Wifi router by going to 192.168.1.1 in a browser

Unless I'm vastly mistaken that's complete tosh ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

All I can say is try it. He could be half right but I'm not sure it will work through a 3G router. The Dongle probably keeps a count of the data used all the WiFi ones do even when they are attached by USB but the count won't be any use because it will be from when you first started to use the device. If its not total tosh you'll need to reset the counters to zero to make use of the data in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Tried it. The dongle isn't listed under the dhcp clients on the tp link, and I use 192.168.5.* IP range so I guess that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

192.168.1.1 is what i use when i check my dongle directly.
    My router its attached to is running 192.168.0.*
    Check the documentation for your dongle, could be different ip range

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

my router is on 192.168.3.xx range
    and my huawei dongle is on 192.168.1.1

And you're getting some sort of dashboard webpage at the dongle's IP address ? Mind me asking which modems you're using ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

yes 3E3272s

Thanks very much for that.

I can see that on a newer dongle I have here but the older ones don't have that interface.

Might have to look into getting a new 3G router that'll work the new breeds of dongle.

Advertisement