Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tvLINK or Digibox fault?

• 26-02-2005 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a tvLINK working with my SKY+ box to no avail - I've turned the 9v output on and have tried connecting with a short 1m Cable run and even directly to the back of the SKY+ box (RF out 2).

The red light comes on the tvLINK, but the box isn't responding to anything on the remote control.

Are these things unreliable (like I said I've tried two now) or could my SKY+ box be at fault?

Anyone else had problems with these things?

Rich.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

if the light is on then the power is getting through to the tvLink and it should work...silly question...are you using a Sky+ remote...regular Sky remotes do not work with Sky+....otherwise the only options are the infrared receiver on the tvLink or the Sky+ box...the fact that you are on your second tvLink points to the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BBV

Yes, I'm using the Sky + remote.

Two links suggest the box, but I've now tried connecting a tvLINK plus box too (the thing that has ir transmitters running from it). Both have lights on, but the remotes aren't working (for the sky box or my DVD player) through that either.

Tends to suggest the IR side of the TV link to me.

Maybe the two are from a dodgy batch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clarkbelt

[QUOTE=BBV]Hello all,

I'm trying to get a tvLINK working with my SKY+ box to no avail - I've turned the 9v output on and have tried connecting with a short 1m Cable run and even directly to the back of the SKY+ box (RF out 2).

Have you connected the short cable to a tv set ?

Sometimes extender will work fine until it is connected to actual tv ant socket , not sure why , Traix and some other suppliers now include a short piece of cable between tv and IR receiver to solve problem .

Red light on IR receiver does NOT mean it will work , it only means you have voltage enough to light LED .

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yea, as clarkbelt said, sometimes when the tvLink is connected to the back of TV, it no longer works. I think it's possibly something to do with some sets leaking voltage.

I've went through about 3 tvLinks in as many years. I personally hate the Samson ones, and the Global's are just marginally better. I tend to prefer Triax ones as the best of a bad bunch.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Personally I have had a global one for about 5 years now and in that time I have gone through 3 dodgyboxes. I also have a triax one which I find will only work up to about 50ft of cable, but other that that its just as good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement