Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question: About FTA Receiver multi-room Viewing

Options
  • 24-02-2005 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have just realised that unlike my sky digibox there is no RF Output or aerial in(terrestrial) on my new lidl receiver. Is it possible to still watch the FTA by another means in different room in the house. If not, can i buy a FTA receiver which allows this and also allows the ''Sky Eye'' to work?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If your FTA doesn't have two scart sockets then you might still find a splitter box in some pound shops to allow you to connect two cables to it.

You put the second scart cable into a video and then use the RF output on it.

AFAIK Sky eye is propietry and is powered off the SKY RF, and at a guess sends its signal back like DISEQ down the cable so could only be used on a SKY box.

ALDI/LIDL have wireless video senders that provide a return channel for the remote control ever few months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

I got an additional tv-link plus box that sits on the Sky receiver side, intercepting the 2nd RF feed and taking power off it .. the difference is that the tv-link+ box has a two-port IR sensor that can be used to relay remote control signals from the other rooms tv-link eye to other non-sky boxes.. can control my dvd player and FTA receiver all from the 2nd room

You can also get a PSU for it if there is no sky receiver to power it in the first place.

Got it from letsautomate.com

Advertisement