Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account retrival.

Options
  • 18-12-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭

Guys in a jam, for the life of me I can't remember my login or pass.

I know my character name but that its, wow technical support aint online to help me is there a quick fix ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

account name usually email address registered with. Doubt they would do much with just the char name, would get people just sayin they are someones more geared toon etc if could :p should be a number somewhere can call, but they would need some more info like email/which account payment taken from/name,address,dob or something when registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Aye, as Berns said, email address registered is the most important thing. I've never been in this exact situation before, but if you can't recall anything more than your character name, you'd probably be better off opening a new account.

For retrieval, you might be asked for the activation codes that came with the original game or one of the expansions, so try to find them if you can. You might also be asked for the last 4 digits of a credit card used to sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I had this problem (although in another country).

I had to call Blizzard. It wasn't too bad, maybe 10 minutes on hold. They have pretty strict rules though, like you need to answer 2 of these 5 questions right or something. The lady was great, tried to be as helpful as she could. Eventually I was able to give them enough info to reset my password. Things like the billing address, last four of the credit card, names of my highest characters, and some other junk. It'd had been like 2-3 years since I'd played though and I didn't know my username or password - I just had some guesses.

Worth a shot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

When a friend of mine forgot his, one of the things he had to give when everything failed (cause he couldn't remember the answers) was to give the game code that comes with the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Got it all sorted, for some mental reason the name I was using was correct but just wasn't working.

Called blizz they've sorted it now.

Thanks for all the help guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Glad you could retrieve it ;)

Advertisement