Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy catering-size vinegar?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

I want to get a good bit of vinegar to use as weedkiller. You can get 5 litre "jerry cans" of vinegar in the catering trade but I don't have an account with a cash and carry! Is there anywhere else in Limerick I can buy vinegar in larger containers than they sell in the supermarket? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Do you know somebody who has a Musgrave / Other C&C account?

Ask your local shopkeeper if you they would order one on their next order?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

boomerang wrote: »
    I want to get a good bit of vinegar to use as weedkiller. You can get 5 litre "jerry cans" of vinegar in the catering trade but I don't have an account with a cash and carry! Is there anywhere else in Limerick I can buy vinegar in larger containers than they sell in the supermarket? Thanks!

When you say a large amount how large are you talking. ?
    The easiest option for you would be to ask in one of the chippers that make their own vinegar, if they'd sell you a 5 litre container of raw acetic acid.

The mix for chip shop vinegar is one pint per gallon of water
    Its dangerous stuff so you should always wear P.P.E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Thanks for the tips!

Looking for 5 litre cans of it - need two or three maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

I got a five litre plastic container of white vinegar in the Chinese Food Store on upper Henry Street. It's open to the public and they have great prices for large quantities of food. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Lanigamadan, you're an absolute star! I doff my cap to you, thank you! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement