Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Collins Family Interviewed on Primetime soon

• 08-07-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

on RTE 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

really makes you think if the public do enough to support people like the collins family. the scum have too much freedom. the dundons and the other families should be the ones scared to leave their houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes including, supporting them, by not buying any illegal drugs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I watched this and I have massive respect for Steve Collins and his family. I don't know if I could manage my way thru' what they have so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭d1980

YFlyer wrote: »
    Yes including, supporting them, by not buying any illegal drugs.
    Agreed - nobody buys the drugs, the scumbags have nothing to live on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I travel to Limerick regularly and as a fellow Dublin man and as an Irishman, I want to commend Steve Collins and his family for the stand that they have taken.

The Untermenschen who murdered their son Roy need to be confronted to a final solution.

I commend the Collins family and I will make it a point to go to the Steering Wheel and to have a pint in his pub.
    His business needs tangible support and as a people we need to spend money there to show the untermenschen/scum that our will prevails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tinsop

Fair play to the Collins Family.Too many innocent people have lost their lives to those scum.

You can give tangible support to the Collins family by going to the businesses and spending money.

It provides tangible support to the Collins family and it sends a message to the scum that no matter what they try to do, they will not prevail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Neilers74

Just saw primetime. Steve Collins and the Collins family are amazing the way that they have soldiered on through this. They have given up their lives to do the right thing, how many of us could say that if we were in the same situation that we would not have given into fear & intimidation.

All this because a an underage girl couldn't get served in a pub. The gardai should be rounding up these scumbags and forego any civil rights, they don't deserve them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

hinault wrote: »

I commend the Collins family and I will make it a point to go to the Steering Wheel and to have a pint in his pub.

Good Luck with that one .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Good Luck with that one .

Cheers, I intend to.

Perhaps if more Limerick-based posters such as yourself did likewise, it might help send a badly needed message to your city's untermenschen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It was a sad piece and brought home the severity of the situation the Collins family find themselves in.
    Giving them round the clock protection is one thing but they have no quality of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

hinault wrote: »
    Cheers, I intend to.

Perhaps if more Limerick-based posters such as yourself did likewise, it might help send a badly needed message to your city's untermenschen?

Well fair play to you , but then I am guessing you don't know the place .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Link for anyone who wants to watch it. Just starting it now myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Had tears in my eyes. That poor family. Vaguely met a couple of them through my work in a bar in Castletroy a few years ago and they were nice, decent ordinary people. It's a cruel world that with all they've had to endure they still have to live like that
    Madness :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Could never understand the character Steve Collins possesses when talking to the media. The strength he shows, after what he and his family have been through, is really unbelievable. Seeing him break down was more hard-hitting with that in mind. Really really awful and shocking to watch.

The tide seems to have turned a bit in recent times though, with reports that some of the Dundons have fled back to the UK as they couldn't handle the new approach of the gardaí. Lets hope it's the beginning of something good for Limerick. Christ knows the city and people need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Its Sad To See This But At The End Of The Day They Arent The Only Family Who Have Lost Someone In This Vicious Feud Whether You Class Them As Innocent Or Not At The End Of The Day A Mother Still Has To Bury Her Son :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WoodView

Steve Collins a decent and very brave man.The Gardai should make it a point of fully briefing the English police about the presence of some of the dum dum scum scums that have entered their jurisdiction so that the heat and pressure is kept on . The Steering Wheel is a very well run pub with a friendly custom it has no more fights or problems than any other Irish pub and from what ive seen probably significantly less than most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Story_Bud wrote: »
    Its Sad To See This But At The End Of The Day They Arent The Only Family Who Have Lost Someone In This Vicious Feud Whether You Class Them As Innocent Or Not At The End Of The Day A Mother Still Has To Bury Her Son :(

No offense man, just asking out of curiosity, do you post from a mobile device? I have seen a few people post in your style with capitals at the start of every word. One of them mentioned it was his phone that does it automatically.

WoodView wrote: »
    Steve Collins a decent and very brave man.The Gardai should make it a point of fully briefing the English police about the presence of some of the dum dum scum scums that have entered their jurisdiction so that the heat and pressure is kept on . The Steering Wheel is a very well run pub with a friendly custom it has no more fights or problems than any other Irish pub and from what ive seen probably significantly less than most

I have never been in there, but I would assume with its constant Garda presence that it would be one of the safest pubs in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Jumpy wrote: »
    No offense man, just asking out of curiosity, do you post from a mobile device? I have seen a few people post in your style with capitals at the start of every word. One of them mentioned it was his phone that does it automatically.

No lol just how i chose to write online :L

Story_Bud wrote: »
    No lol just how i chose to write online :L

Fair enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

The sad thing about it is Dundon probably organised for him and a few of his low life friends to have a night in with a few cans watching the programme and having a good laugh at the misery they caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Jumpy wrote: »
    I have never been in there, but I would assume with its constant Garda presence that it would be one of the safest pubs in Limerick.

Not if you are driving it isn't:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Is the primetime programme available online anywhere? Not on the RTE player anymore I'm afraid

Advertisement