Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battered Sausage

Options
  • 25-03-2010 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to these things in the chipper. Where would you find the best ones in Ireland? :)

Comments

Henry and Rose in Bray do a good porky!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

It's not a battered sausage,unless it got into a fight :) , it's a batter sausage! Silvio's chipper used to do nice ones but the last one i got there was kinda rank

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My favourite one is actually from Manelys Chinese takeaway in ballybrack! it is more like white pudding in a thick chicken ball batter, get one with chips for €3, but they are often sold out of them. You can get decent enough ones in tesco sometimes, they are in the fresh chilled section (not frozen), can't remember the brand but they do batter burgers too.

rubadub wrote: »
    My favourite one is actually from Manelys Chinese takeaway in ballybrack! it is more like white pudding in a thick chicken ball batter, .

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

used too call them pigs mickies,lol.I do miss henry and roses,their burgers were great after O'sheas on a sat night/sun morning.Moved away from Bray im afraid.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I hate how they are now cutting them down the middle, it means the sausage gets burnt down the middle. I prefer my sausage to be uncut (and no jokes you sick sick people).

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to these things in the chipper. Where would you find the best ones in Ireland? :)

I'll put Luigi's in Ranelagh up there.

Food of the gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

I've always found them fairly homogenous regardless of where you go to be honest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I really like the ones form the Noggin Grill, though i know it's probably, dog,cat or rat that i'm eating!!

I really like the ones form the Noggin Grill, though i know it's probably, dog,cat or rat that i'm eating!!

That place freaks me out. Seriously, yuck.

Rocca ftw :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ripeinmay

I've always found them fairly homogenous regardless of where you go to be honest.

Thats because most chippers have the same suppliers. The only difference being how their cooked, what oil they use and how regularly they change the oil.

Noggin Grill is the best chipper going around those parts for sure. Rocca is absolute rank and went downhill when it re-opened years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Where the feck is noggin grill?

dacookie wrote: »
    Where the feck is noggin grill?

it's in the noggin* :D

It's filthy, yuck....

*Sallynoggin

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Did Dustin the Turkey not work in the noggin grill at one time?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Rio's, castletroy, limerick...unrail!

Looking for a daycent one in Dublin but yet to find one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd say they found it by now, this thread is 4 years old.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement