Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool membership cost?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

What are people paying for swimming pool membership in Galway nowadays?

I'm thinking of joining some pool on the west side of town, but would like to know what people are paying so that I can get membership for as cheaply as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Just rejoined NRG Bohermore for 399. That's the whole gym, not just the pool. Not sure if they do pool only memberships.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I take it that's a 12-month membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yup, 12 month, full adult, all opening hours at either B/more or Knockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Ocean Fitness has a super 25m pool. It's 70 a month on direct debit. 4 months minimum I think, not sure what the joining fee was. They do yearly ones too but I don't know how much, I prefer paying monthly even if it's more expensive.

Be aware, it's quite busy lately though, there's always lanes booked out these days by clubs, I assume because leisureland is out of commission. They used to do a lot of club lessons/polo etc that are coming to the other pools now and Ocean Fitness is one of the few 25m ones.

When leisureland is back that could also be an option, I think they were 40 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GoWhest

I got a renewal in Kingfisher Renmore for €299 after I told them that I wouldn't be renewing because the Connacht Hotel was cheaper. I suggest you go in with €299 cash and say take it or leave it. Guarentee you that they'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Ocean Fitness has a super 25m pool. It's 70 a month on direct debit. 4 months minimum I think, not sure what the joining fee was. They do yearly ones too but I don't know how much, I prefer paying monthly even if it's more expensive.

Be aware, it's quite busy lately though, there's always lanes booked out these days by clubs, I assume because leisureland is out of commission. They used to do a lot of club lessons/polo etc that are coming to the other pools now and Ocean Fitness is one of the few 25m ones.

When leisureland is back that could also be an option, I think they were 40 a month.

is it busy all the time or just certain time in the evening or mornings ??? i htink all the other pools are getting blocked up with the leisurland clubs too at the moment, im going to the public sesson in NUIG some nights but its only for 1 hr and ive gone in a few times to find 4out of 5 lanes reserved by clubs, which is a complete farse !!!
    Looks like leisureland wont be ready until the end of year, best case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

GoWhest wrote: »
    I got a renewal in Kingfisher Renmore for €299 after I told them that I wouldn't be renewing because the Connacht Hotel was cheaper. I suggest you go in with €299 cash and say take it or leave it. Guarentee you that they'll take it.

I paid €400 for Connacht for 1a & 3c.

Advertisement