Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill time in town no money

Options
  • 29-01-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I've 2 hours to kill and just spent all day in the library.. any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Galway arts centre on dominick street could be open, or any of the other small galleries - if you haven't ever taken a stroll through the cathedral or st. nicholas' church they are really beautiful places.. Can't think of anything else right now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,726 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

arf91 wrote: »
    I've 2 hours to kill and just spent all day in the library.. any suggestions?

Find a brothel, sit outside and count foot traffic.

Or busk / sing on Shop St .. you might make enough for a pint.

Or chat to the homeless guys, see what they suggest :)

Other than that, the coach station is warm, and Claddagh church have Mass at 7:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Galway city museum. Free and v good.
    Check out the Cathedral and check out St. Nicholas's Collegiate Church.
    Walk on prom in Salthill.
    Check out Forthill Cemetry near the Harbour Hotel-v interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,726 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Galway city museum. Free and v good.
    Check out the Cathedral and check out St. Nicholas's Collegiate Church.
    Walk on prom in Salthill.
    Check out Forthill Cemetry near the Harbour Hotel-v interesting.

All good - but only the prom is an option after 6:30pm, the rest are closed (some earlier than that, too).

Not a lot of no-money options after office hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Paint yourself silver and stand quite still in Shop Street until you earn enough money to go and buy a cake in Griffins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Savin

zoology museum in the maritn ryan institute (ground floor) and geology museum in the geology department (1st floor) in the quad in NUIG

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Don't know why I never replied to this thread thought I had, just came across it there looking for something else. Lol, definitely up for the brothel and painting of silver ideas. Noone would have to know it was me, could get a big hat in a charity shop and adopt an unusual gait.
    Ideas ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Savin wrote: »
    zoology museum in the maritn ryan institute (ground floor) and geology museum in the geology department (1st floor) in the quad in NUIG

Were these just temporary exhibitions or are they permanently there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

They are permanent(for now anyway!)

Ha just re read that in my head...you know what i mean!

Advertisement