Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on a Refurb

• 21-03-2014 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, my macbook pro was recently stolen. unfortunately I can't really afford to be landing out cash for another new one. does anyone have any info to give me about a refurb macbook pro?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

if you do a search on "refurb" you should find plenty of threads about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I've bought 3 refurbs (MB Air and Pro's). Each one has been absolutely perfect and look brand new. I've never really heard any bad reports about refurbs so go for it I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭OU812

My current iMac is a refurb. Seems like new to me. Only difference I can find is the box it comes in is plain white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Refurbs the way to go, 7 bought oldest one is 8 years old and none of them have ever skipped a beat and there working every day.

The only difference is they come in a brown box as opposed to a white box, if it's not perfect you can send it straight back and get another one. Warranty is the exact same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

+1 for refurbs. Whenever I've had hardware problems, it's been with a new machine. Currently using a refurb MBP and a refurb Mac Mini - both arrived cosmetically perfect and never gave any trouble whatsoever. I'd go so far as to say it's the only way to go: the problems have been sorted out before you buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I think the Apple refurb store is a real hidden gem :D

OP my current MBA is a refurb, cosmetically is is flawless, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

McGrath5 wrote: »
    I think the Apple refurb store is a real hidden gem :D

OP my current MBA is a refurb, cosmetically is is flawless, go for it.

Yea but there isn't a lot of difference in the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

I wouldn't buy anything but a refurb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

lufties wrote: »
    Yea but there isn't a lot of difference in the price.

Well I did save €190 on mine, for me that is certainly a significant difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Well I did save €190 on mine, for me that is certainly a significant difference.

I was hoping for double that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement