Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just seen the laziest busker on cruises st today

Options
  • 21-08-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

sitting on a stool playing music through a cd stereo and beating 2 upturned
    tubs with sticks as if they were drums

thing is the fella was getting money

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Fair dues to him must be doing something right if he getting money

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

ha saw him too.when i passed he was well out of time banging the buckets to "wheres me jumper"...... brilliant :p

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

you wha? wrote: »
    ha saw him too.when i passed he was well out of time banging the buckets to "wheres me jumper"...... brilliant :p

I'd give him 20 quid for this alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

reminds me of that old guy in Dolans who regularely fell asleep during the trad sessions whilst tapping with sticks on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I saw him as well and I have met him a few times. I couldn't believe it when I saw him. As far as I know he is from Doon. The buckets were hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This is slightly off topic but the people begging on the streets (as in scobes) are really pissing me off.
    There is one lad outside wokking stands there with a cup. I was waiting for my order and two lads had just returned with their food to a table and yer man brazenly walks in and throws the cup in their faces, they gave him change and he looked in the cup and said is that it?! Ungrateful lil runt!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah, you're right, that is off topic.

Busking and begging are not the exact same thing. Let's not tar them with the same brush in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

you wha? wrote: »

Hahahaha.... would love to have seen this.
    Well isnt he being somewhat productive trying to make a few bob, next time get a video clip please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I thought he wasn't up to much when I saw him. He had 2fm on when I was in town. Wasn't the smoothest drummer I'd ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Bagmagnet

Sounds like he's more entertaining and possibly more talented than another busker I always see on cruises street. Skinny young fellow with a guitar. Every time I pass him he's either singing 'Brown Eyed Girl' or 'Dancing in the Moonlight'.. His screeching, ignorantly over-confident voice drives me to the brink of insanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The best buskers ever.

Were a band called Sacha Runa, they were Purevian Indians who played panpipes.
    Strangely one of them wore a Tipperary GAA jersey :pac:

Their music was mega, I bought their cds and they were in Galway also.

Ah I remember strolling down Cruises St with crowds around Sacha Runa and some down and out Irish accordion player moaning about dem foringers (sic)
    Hey, talent pays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The best buskers ever.

Ah I remember strolling down Cruises St with crowds around Sacha Runa and some down and out Irish accordion player moaning about dem foringers (sic)
    Hey, talent pays

Oh HELL no, I couldn't stand them, ****in panpipe covers of Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On and other such rubbish, and the crowds they used to get? massive! One day I came home from school and my ma was in the kitchen playing their cd....that night I set my alarm to 4am, crept downstairs and scratched the sh!t out of the cd. Believe me, if I didn't do that, I would have been all over the news. Young Man from Shannon beats his mother to Death with a hurley

This crowd were brutal..iv seen similar in brussels, london..im convinced there's armies of pan pipe bands sent over from peru or guatamala or wherever...for what purpose im not sure..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Shannon?
    Away to County Clare forum to you! :pac:

This is Limerick city forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Shannon?
    Away to County Clare forum to you! :pac:

This is Limerick city forum

I've had more days in Limerick than you've had hot dinners young man. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

the pan pipe guy then evolved to just play his music on cd, and walk away from his stand. he'd be set up on Bedford row, and you'd see him standing outside the still house smoking a fag keeping an eye on his stand. I think he was playing "How far away can I get from this without it being stolen?"

Advertisement