Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a box of purple snacks?

Options
  • 11-04-2014 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to buy full boxes of Cadbury snack sandwich? I don't live in Ireland so would love someone to bring over a box of these so I have them for ages.
    Where should I tell them to look? Is it just as simple as going into Dunnes or something and asking them for an entire box? Is there somewhere that will have a better price for bulk buying?
    Thanks. Tea is just not the same without them! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Is it possible to buy full boxes of Cadbury snack sandwich? I don't live in Ireland so would love someone to bring over a box of these so I have them for ages.
    Where should I tell them to look? Is it just as simple as going into Dunnes or something and asking them for an entire box? Is there somewhere that will have a better price for bulk buying?
    Thanks. Tea is just not the same without them! :D

Afaik the only place to buy full boxes is the cash and carry

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could ask in a supermarket and they might go out to the store room and get a box. Or ask a small shop owner, you might have to come back a week later and could ask them if you can get a discount.

Your best bet in a supermarket would be mulitpacks though, as a retail box would be individual prices
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257361224

Amazon sell retail packs, no purple snacks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_keywords_0?rh=n%3A359961031%2Ck%3Acadburys+snack%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A1064505031&keywords=cadburys+snack&ie=UTF8&qid=1397207642&rnid=1064503031

EDIT, they are on amazon, but very expensive, they are calling them blue snacks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cadbury-Blue-Snack-Sandwich-Chocolate/dp/B00439Q1PW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1397207642&sr=8-3&keywords=cadburys+snack

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Thanks. Looks like it's easier to get multipacks.
    Blue snacks... What were they thinking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I work in cadburys try emailing I know they sell them in the company shop...love them myself..

If your friend is in dublin/North Wicklow I have a cash & carry card and could pick up a box no bother.

• Advertisement

Just saw these replies. Thank you both. Whoops - they're in Galway but thank you for the offer.
    It's probably better for my health anyways. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

If someone gave me a box of 60 purple snacks they'd be gone within 10 days. You're probably better off without them!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

Supervalu in Tuam have 6 snack size bars in a pack for 1.27.
    Load of boxs stacked up on floor. Your friend should have no
    trouble getting a full box. I presume the offer is in all supervalu stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Dont shoot me! I am a huge fan of the Purple snack but Aldi do their own blue versions for half the price!

Again I am in no way saying you can replace the Purple snack as that would be blasphemy!

If someone gave me a box of 60 purple snacks they'd be gone within 10 days. You're probably better off without them!

Ah but when you know you have a limited supply you tend to ration them better. Like, how much do I want to enjoy this cup of tea? Or, did I really have a bad day...? :)

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Just to let you know that the purple snacks are on offer in Dunnes, a six pack for €1 until the 11th! There is a max of four per customer but a few or repeat visits should sort that problem out!

Is it me have the purple snacks shrunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

branners69 wrote: »
    Just to let you know that the purple snacks are on offer in Dunnes, a six pack for €1 until the 11th! There is a max of four per customer but a few or repeat visits should sort that problem out!

Is it me have the purple snacks shrunk?

They have definitely shrunk they use to be 130 calories they are only 100 now so definitely smaller

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

elsy wrote: »
    They have definitely shrunk they use to be 130 calories they are only 100 now so definitely smaller

that and the pink snack...they now only have 2 fingers in them (used to be 3)!! shocking!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ask anyone you know in Galway in the food or drink industry for a McCambridges card, they'll have them in there dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

branners69 wrote: »
    Just to let you know that the purple snacks are on offer in Dunnes, a six pack for €1 until the 11th!

Purple snacks are on offer in dunnes again but €1.50 for 6. might end 18 aug, not sure. 132g pack

6 yellow snacks are 1.08 in tesco until 24 aug

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255102368

Advertisement