Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If the owners sell our best and most influential player suarez, they can **** right off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

sideswipe wrote: »
    And the Reina money:(

I've a bad feeling he could feel it's time to move on now.

And Skrtl, let's not forget!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thrill wrote: »

On Loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Turtyturd wrote: »
    No whoever is brought in should be given 2 seasons minimum and at that should only be sacked if the club is battling relegation. The last thing the club needs is to go down the Chelsea route of sacking a manager every time the media get on his case.

A bit late for that. We're already in Chelsea territory with sackings. So the new manager gets time but not a legend like Kenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

King Kenny has just been sacked and this is the best you lads can come out with?

Our club is in freefall and if the bookies are correct, we could have AVB or Roberto Martinez at the helm.

Show some respect to Dalglish lads.

LONG LIVE KING KENNY

Kenny Dalglish has been sacked he's history, so what's your point exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

opr wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll have the Suarez money to spend as well.

Opr

Have I missed something..?!?

A bit late for that. We're already in Chelsea territory with sackings. So the new manager gets time but not a legend like Kenny?

I didn't sack Kenny though, I would have given him all the time in the world.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Laika1986 wrote: »
    They won't go for Rafa because he wants too much control at the club. I dont think FSG want that

Y'see, that's a logical assertion...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Tusky wrote: »

Suarez is off to Spain

He got a good deal on a week in Magaluf

amiable wrote: »
    Suarez is off to Spain

He got a good deal on a week in Magaluf

Is this so we can get the stadium built....would it be possible in a week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

On Loan?
    However, while Aquilani's agent remains in Milan trying to convince the Rossoneri to change their mind, reports elsewhere suggest Manchester City are contemplating a £2 million offer, with manager Roberto Mancini keen for the former Roma star to replace the out-going David Pizarro and Owen Hargreaves.

Buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Aquilani to replace Hargreaves? I could replace Hargreaves.

Thrill wrote: »
    Buy.

2 million.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

What happens if Martinez or AVB come in and we are in freefall by Christmas? Should they be sacked? Would we again need another caretaker manager to steer us safely to the summer?

I keep seeing this pop up time and time again, its no reason not to sack a manager who's not doing a good job. As the saying goes, you have to speculate to accumulate.

2 million.:eek:

Bring back Rafa?

Kenny Dalglish has been sacked he's history, so what's your point exactly?

The point is we are in freefall. Sacking Kenny is exactly the premature, kneejerk reaction that we didn't need. He had a longterm project in place. Carroll and Henderson were beginning to kick off.

Now it looks like we'll lose Suarez and possibly one or 2 others. Kenny showed great loyalty to Suarez and sacking him won't have gone down too well with our best player.

Imagine we lose Reina, Skrtel and Suarez. Three player who wear their heart on their sleeve. A new manager walks into the changing room and sees Charlie Adam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The point is we are in freefall. Sacking Kenny is exactly the premature, kneejerk reaction that we didn't need. He had a longterm project in place. Carroll and Henderson were beginning to kick off.

Now it looks like we'll lose Suarez and possibly one or 2 others. Kenny showed great loyalty to Suarez and sacking him won't have gone down too well with our best player.

Imagine we lose Reina, Skrtel and Suarez. Three player who wear their heart on their sleeve. A new manager walks into the changing room and sees Charlie Adam.

Who kenny bought. Was he not part of kennys longterm project?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Where is all the 'Suarez to leave' talk coming from? Just speculation on the part of fans or has there been some news I've missed?

What a disaster it would be if we lost him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Morzadec wrote: »
    Where is all the 'Suarez to leave' talk coming from? Just speculation on the part of fans or has there been some news I've missed?

There is no such thing as a £50million disaster .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Laika1986 wrote: »
    They won't go for Rafa because he wants too much control at the club. I dont think FSG want that

I don't think Rafa ever wanted control per se. I think he was sick of the incompetence around him and basically decided "if you want something done, do it yourself".

If he didn't have to deal with gob****es I think he might be more flexible.

• Advertisement

I Love Lamp, he's an ITK....who slugs it out in the courtroom with his law degree during the day, and battles the underworld by night....also with his law degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Luis Suarez ‏@luis16suarez
    KENNY thank you very much for all your help and things I learned from you during 1 year and a half! A big hug and good luck!!

Who kenny bought. Was he not part of kennys longterm project?

Bought him as backup. The point is we could lose our best players, e.g. Suarez and Skrtel. They won't fancy wasting their best years at a club in disarray. We're back to square 1. Kenny stuck by Suarez and I'm sure Suarez won't forget that.

Can't se Lucas being too happy about Suarez heading off either.

AVB comes in, straight away is at loggerheads with older players like Gerrard, then we have the same poisonous atmosphere that Chelsea had.

Disastrous decision to sack Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Jesus Christ Suarez isn't going anywhere. Until someone show's interested & places a bid leave the silly talk there

Jesus Christ Suarez isn't going anywhere. Until someone show's interested & places a bid leave the silly talk there

Freaking out at the thought of another name change?;)

Bought him as backup. The point is we could lose our best players, e.g. Suarez and Skrtel. They won't fancy wasting their best years at a club in disarray. We're back to square 1. Kenny stuck by Suarez and I'm sure Suarez won't forget that.

Can't se Lucas being too happy about Suarez heading off either.

AVB comes in, straight away is at loggerheads with older players like Gerrard, then we have the same poisonous atmosphere that Chelsea had.

Disastrous decision to sack Kenny.

I understand Chess is about thinking ahead...but that is just f*cking ridiculous.

Chess did you not have a big problem with the player's Kenny has bought or did I dream that?

I don't think FSG seen Kenny as a long-term solution. If they give him another year & no top 4 position we'd be at this position only a year further down the line. Time will tell if it was the correct decision. If they can get a good manager in on a 4-5 year contract the building procedure starts now. I think that's the main reason for the sacking & when sentiment is left at the door it is easy to see the logic behind it

Gbear wrote: »
    I don't think Rafa ever wanted control

I also think Rafa is the most logical replacement, but I don't think the owners fancy him because he is too quick to pull rank.

Despite his difficult situations at LFC and Inter, you still need to know your place and not hang your dirty washing in public.

Looks like we might be stuck with Martinez. Nice-guy, sharp-dresser, great with the media.... Will be a total disaster of an appointment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Tusky wrote: »

Someone posted that Suarez would be sold due to Negritogate.

Apparently the owners had sponsors lined up and were beginning to start work on the stadium. The sponsors pulled out once everything kicked off between him and evra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I also think Rafa is the most logical replacement, but I don't think the owners fancy him because he is too quick to pull rank.

Despite his difficult situations at LFC and Inter, you still need to know your place and not hang your dirty washing in public.

Looks like we might be stuck with Martinez. Nice-guy, sharp-dresser, great with the media.... Will be a total disaster of an appointment!

I suppose it's down to the owners. Rafa's a great manager if you treat him properly and don't screw him over and break your promises.

If they don't plan on acting the bollocks they should have nothing to fear from Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Freaking out at the thought of another name change?;)

Doniistheman

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Doniistheman

Fun game right there.

CharlieAdamsistheman
    MartinONeillistheman

Fun game right there.

CharlieAdamsistheman
    MartinONeillistheman

lindapizzutistheman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Hammanistheman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

It would be fantastic if we managed to entice Klopp

He is the stand out candidate for me, but a bit unrealistic at this point in time.

You never know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Klopp and Rafa should be banable words! Neither are coming to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

mike65 wrote: »

Why are you so sure on Rafa not getting the job?

Banned!

JoeColeistheman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Jayob10 wrote: »

He is the stand out candidate for me, but a bit unrealistic at this point in time.

You never know

Plus there would be loads of great pun opportunities involving Klopp and the Kop.

Tabloids would love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jayob10 wrote: »

You never know

I doubt if we have any chance of tempting a manager like Klopp. He would be about as realistic a choice as Jose would be right now. Excellent manager but he is after winning the league title in Germany for the second year in a row and has pretty much been let build the team he wants.

If the talk of Hummels, Kagawa, and Lewandowski all being looked at by United for this summer comes true, then he is going to have some massive money at his disposal this summer with Dortmund. Getting Klopp would be a stunning coup.

I think Liverpool's best chance of a good manager lies in the tier below the Joses and Klopps( although Van Gaal might be an outside bet as a top manager if they want to get in someone who is not young).

Which would see the likes of Rafa, Deschamps, Rijkaard etc as potential targets Managers who have won silverware in one or more countries and who also have experience of winning silverware in Europe.

I would be stunned if the likes of Martinez and Rodgers are on any of the owner's shortlists tbh, let alone overrated managers like O'Neill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I think if they are serious about getting in the right man to move forward then Rafa's name has to be on the list. He should get into the shortlist and if they appoint someone better than so be it. If he's no on their list then they are looking in the right place.

W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Kess73 wrote: »
    I doubt if we have any chance of tempting a manager like Klopp. He would be about as realistic a choice as Jose would be right now. Excellent manager but he is after winning the league title in Germany for the second year in a row and has pretty much been let build the team he wants.

If the talk of Hummels, Kagawa, and Lewandowski all being looked at by United for this summer comes true, then he is going to have some massive money at his disposal this summer with Dortmund. Getting Klopp would be a stunning coup.

I think Liverpool's best chance of a good manager lies in the tier below the Joses and Klopps( although Van Gaal might be an outside bet as a top manager if they want to get in someone who is not young).

Which would see the likes of Rafa, Deschamps, Rijkaard etc as potential targets Managers who have won silverware in one or more countries and who also have experience of winning silverware in Europe.

I would be stunned if the likes of Martinez and Rodgers are on any of the owner's shortlists tbh, let alone overrated managers like O'Neill.

I'm pretty sure i'd go into depression if he got the job.

Imagine if they find some obscure guy that none of us heard of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I'd be stunned if Rijkaard was in the running. I campaigned heavily for him when we lost Rafa because the other names seemed so underwhelming. We could have afforded the gamble on him back then but two managers later he would represent far too high a risk. Please lets get a good DOF in place first to help make this decision. Begiristain if we can get him seems to be the stand out candidate.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lads what do you think is the timeline in place for getting the new manager? Would be good to get one in before the end of the month, but if FSG have no one lined up yet the whole process could take a while...

I hope they're working their balls off behind the scenes to fill all the vacant positions that need filling, not just that of manager

I will be surprised and disappointed if this takes long.
    They have to have known for a long time that Kenny leaving was at minimum a high possibility.

In fact, I am hoping and thinking there is a fair chance that they know who the new manager is and are just leaving a few days so it doesn't appear obvious that the new guy was lined up and ready to go the second Kenny was dismissed/prior to the 'end of season review' meeting.

I'm hoping the new man or woman will be in place by Monday (if not Sunday).

One would though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

200px-Christian-gross.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Like when David Dein hired Wenger for Arsenal when he was working in Japan? Wonder would Rudi Garcia be given a chance? Lille play some nice football, won Ligue 1 last season but have relinquished the title this season and with Hazard leaving, he might want a fresh challenge.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Like when David Dein hired Wenger for Arsenal when he was working in Japan?

Pretty much.

Kess73 wrote: »
    let alone overrated managers like O'Neill.
    What an absolutely stupid comment. Martin O'Neill has a fantastic record. So what if he doesn't wear a suit or have a tan, he has done exceptionally well everywhere he has gone. Just look at the state of Villa since his departure. He has certainly turned things around for Sunderland as well. I think O'Neill deserves a little bit more respect that you are giving him.
    wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Rafa's name has to be on the list.
    I don't know if the owners would fancy him, but surely he's on their shortlist.
    opr wrote: »
    I'd be stunned if Rijkaard was in the running.
    What a joke of an appointment Rijkaard would be, why not get his mate Ruud Gullit in as no.2 while we're at it!!! Names like Rijkaard and Klinsmann pop up every time a big job is available.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement