Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What lenghts would you go to to protect your home and family?

• 15-03-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Lets just say somone was to break into your home with you, your partner and kid/s (if you have any) were in the house?
    Some will say let them take what they want and go
    Some will say that they would go to extreme lenghts to protect thier homes and family, confronting the intruder.
    Me personaly would go into kill mode if anyone was to get into my home, My house is my castle, I am not a violent person but there are lines.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kill them ftw. They deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I would make sure to leave my young son in the house at all times.

Didn't you ever see Home Alone? If an intruder appeared the result would be a very serious situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Was just talking about this last night.

If someone has the cheek to break into your home, terrifying your family in the process, then they should be prepared to have the living $hit kicked out of them, and the law should respect this.

Honest to god, this whole thing that there's a grey area as to what you can and can't do, just shows how this country is becoming too pc.

Wasn't there a case recently, where a home owner was convicted of assault, because the burglars were downstairs and the court held that you should retreat to your bedroom, and can only take action if they then enter the bedroom. Utter bollox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Kill them ftw. They deserve it.

Yep, kill 'em, no questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Obviously if I felt someone in my family was in danger I'd stop at nothing. Can't imagine anyone would think otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I would make sure to leave my young son in the house at all times.

Didn't you ever see Home Alone? If an intruder appeared the result would be a very serious situation.

What are you talking about? The kid wrecked the house+Christmas decorations with his silly messing. He let a tarantula get out of its cage. He attracted that much attention with his silly antics that child services probably got involved. And in the end he had to be saved by an old man with his shovel!

If he had just let them get on with it and hid under his bed, the burglars would have got away with a few bob, TV, VCR etc. All replaceable and all covered by insurance.

There's also the strong possibility that Joe Pesci+co could have sued for any number of the things that little jerk did to them. It's America after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Obviously if I felt someone in my family was in danger I'd stop at nothing. Can't imagine anyone would think otherwise.

Depending on how you read this you're either very brave or very apathetic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

javaboy wrote: »
    Depending on how you read this you're either very brave or very apathetic :D

I can be both. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

IDKFA mode here then go mental. :D I wouldn't hesitate in this situation and lay the smackdown on someone attempting to intimidate or threaten me or my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

If you hear a burgler in your house...

Walk out naked, on the bone, looking at him and doing an evil laugh. Have a blade in your hand.

He'll **** himself and run a mile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

javaboy wrote: »
    What are you talking about? The kid wrecked the house+Christmas decorations with his silly messing. He let a tarantula get out of its cage. He attracted that much attention with his silly antics that child services probably got involved. And in the end he had to be saved by an old man with his shovel!

If he had just let them get on with it and hid under his bed, the burglars would have got away with a few bob, TV, VCR etc. All replaceable and all covered by insurance.

There's also the strong possibility that Joe Pesci+co could have sued for any number of the things that little jerk did to them. It's America after all.

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

That made me laugh a lot. Not sure if it was the content or the style of writing but sheer genius!

I would write exemption clauses clearly visible on all the doors "By entering this property without the owner's consent I allow myself to be subject to whatever actions the owner sees fit etc etc etc"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

dublindude wrote: »

Walk out naked, on the bone, looking at him and doing an evil laugh. Have a blade in your hand.

:D
    Quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Not too pushed about protecting the family, but if they touched my collection of dead hitchhikers, i'd fcukin' murder them!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Proper rare lol for myself.

Mental image ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Lol!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Me personaly would go into kill mode if anyone was to get into my home, My house is my castle, I am not a violent person but there are lines.

"He who talks the most, does the least"

I'm not questioning your bravery but nobody can say what'll they'd do until they are in that situation. You be a hard man here (anonoymous forum) and can tell us all you'd kill the intruder but tbh you might freeze stiff with terror and do nothing. And nobody would blame you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ah look, it depends on the situation. Definately confront them.. Their reaction should be to boot it and run.. But if they didn't, then it would be go-time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd go down and confront them. If they came for me i'd defend myself but if upon hearing me or seeing they leg it, then i'd let them go.

Advertisement